Brand Designer for Sora Union
Remote job description
Talent is everywhere, opportunity is not. Sora Union changes that.
Sora Union is a professional services company specializing in design, localization, and QA projects for businesses, organizations and governments. The Sora Union team is globally distributed and made up of diverse and talented professionals impacted by or at risk of displacement due to conflict or climate change.
We're looking for a talented Brand Designer to join our team and help our clients build incredible solutions to meet their goals and visions.
As an experienced brand designer working on projects in partnership with our clients, you'll help establish and extend brand identities and positioning for products and companies both big and small.
You enjoy thinking holistically about brands and working across every facet of identity and marketing - from logos and naming conventions to style guides and design systems to websites and campaigns. We're looking for someone who loves hands-on design work, and is excited to contribute to the culture and philosophy of an early stage distributed company.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Own the development and implementation of an inspired brand strategy that meets business objectives.
- Drive creative direction across all touchpoints including but not limited to website design, events, thought-leadership communications, pitch decks, social media, etc.
- Ensure that all designs are on-brand and consistent with the company's overall style guide.
- Work closely with our localization teams on developing culturally appropriate communications.
- Ideate and execute creative solutions that meet the objectives of the project while staying true to the client's brand guidelines.
- Ensure guidelines for assigned clients on all materials adhere to those standards.
- Stay ahead on latest trends and apply them to Sora Union's and Clients branding initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Contributing to and improving our process (including best practices, tools, deliverables, and communication.)
IDEALLY, YOU'LL HAVE:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in brand design.
- A minimum of B2 English language proficiency.
- Solid experience in Figma design software. [Hands-on].
- Solid experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). [Hands-on].
- Strong attention to detail to detail and consistency.
- Strong understanding of branding, typography, color..
- Strong sense of concept development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Foster a culture of creative collaboration and innovation within the design team.
- Serve as a leader and mentor to less experienced team members
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The Brand Designer role is a full-time, 6 month contract position initially reporting to a Sora Union Co-Founder, with a direct working relationship with the engineering leader at the client the team is embedded with. This role is a distributed position, and can be based in any location.
Sora Union operates independently in association with All Turtles. We work with a variety of partners and clients, some inside the All Turtles product studio as well as external companies.
Sora Union is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.
Company name: mmhmm
Remote job title: Brand Designer for Sora Union
Job tags: Brand Design, Illustrator, typography