Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Remote job description
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local - independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town - we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We're looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
Scope of Work
Project name - Taxonomist
Project location - Remote
Project manager - Natasha Bhasin
Company - Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Role Type - Independent Contractor
Contact mailing address - Faire - 100 Potrero Ave, San Francisco, CA, 94103
Project background -
- We're looking for an experienced Taxonomist contractor to design and develop internal Taxonomy strategy and align structured product data in accordance with strategy.
- As a Taxonomist, you will play a critical role in developing the long-term strategy for structured data collection and use, as well as in defining and monitoring the underlying data itself.
- On strategy, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to develop a long-term taxonomy roadmap. Strategy and roadmap development will cover how Faire collects structured data, what type of data it collects, and how it uses the data. Your expertise will be particularly vital in developing more robust strategies for the use of data across Search, SEO, and Merchandising.
- For the data itself, you will define how Faire structures both its categorical and non-categorical data. You will ensure that our data scales with the business and that the data is rich and reliable enough to be leveraged by retailers for effortless product discovery and buying.
- Establish clear principles and definitions for what constitutes an attribute, product type, and category, as well as decision rules for creating net new fields
- Determine product attributes to launch per category on Faire and create and refine scalable playbooks for future launches. Identifying new attributes will involve competitive analysis, quantitative analysis on Faire's own data, as well as customer research and collaboration with cross-functional partners.
- Maintain and improve product type data to provide high quality product recommendations. This involves proposing and creating new taxonomy types based on identified gaps, feedback received, or new trends, as well as identifying where our product type data should be updated due to lack of adherence to our principles and definitions. When evolving our data, the individual must be able to apply robust and principled decision-making rules
- Maintain and propose A/B tests for our category tree to enable retailers to best discover products. This may also involve creating personalized trees by retailer store type
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to further develop the taxonomy strategy, with a particular focus, in the near-term, on how we improve usage of structured data in SEO, search, and merchandising
Expected hours per week - 30
Contract Length - 6 months
Payment terms - Submit invoices for hours worked, and the contractor will be paid as 1099.
New York City: the pay range for this role is $65 to $90 per hour.
Actual hourly pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire's flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work - whether that's mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you'll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We're backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Company name: Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Remote job title: Taxonomist
Job tags: Tax Forms
location or timezone
posted75 days ago