Staff Data Scientist, Growth
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit has a flexible first workforce.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
The Growth team plays a key role in fulfilling Reddit's mission of bringing community & belonging to the world through deep understanding of how we can better connect people to the best information and communities for them - the heart of Reddit's product - from crypto to support groups, gaming to AMAs, travel tips to memes.
As the team's Data Scientist, you will play an influential role in guiding product strategy through proactively surfacing insights, conducting exploratory analyses and executing advanced experimentation.
- Help build the long term product vision and strategy for Top of Funnel to driver new user acquisition
- Design and measure metrics that help evaluate the health of the business and the success of our products, including ETL development needed for consistent and robust analysis
- Build self-serve tools for product and engineering partners that help scale data science impact and increase data literacy in the organization
- Generate data-driven insights that propose next steps in strategic roadmaps
- Design and evaluate experiments for product features to understand the effectiveness of product strategy
- Work cross functionally with product, engineering, and design teams to ensure insights make it to the product
- Scale your work to other parts of the data organization through mentoring more junior data scientists, improving processes, and providing perspective on the most important problems
- Have proven experience in data science and/or product analytics roles (6 or more years)
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Are familiar with statistical analysis and the preferred programming languages of the team (R / Python)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Familiarity with causal inference techniques and causal models
- Excellent communication and experience working with senior leaders / stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, and enthusiastic about solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Are comfortable in innovative and fast-paced environments, and have a bias toward action.
- Can discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Enjoy solving ambiguous and undefined problems
- Interest in SEO
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.The base pay range for this position is:
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Data Scientist, Growth
Job tags: databases, Product Analytics, Python