Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Data Scientist to work within the Ads Data Science team. You will work closely with engineers and product owners from our Ads team to optimize ads delivery and auction systems. In addition to strong ML skills, this person has solid business acumen and understands what is important to advertisers.
- Build optimization algorithms that improve ad yields and efficiencies. Some of the models we developed over the last year are CTR (Click Through Rate) and CVR (Conversion Rate) Prediction models for the ads. You will not only work on improving existing optimization Machine Learning models but also develop new models from scratch for a variety of upcoming product launches.
- Build and improve Machine Learning algorithms that match ads to the most relevant users. Some algorithms/techniques are Logistic Regression, Gradient Boosted Decision Trees and Deep Learning methods,
- Be involved in all phases of modeling, such as ideation, offline modeling, online implementation,experimentation,deployment and post-launch monitoring/measurements.
- This role will have a lot of overlap with other Machine Learning Engineer roles but will differ in a couple of areas. First is that you will work mainly on offline modeling and rely on engineers to productionize your models. Secondly, you will have a keen interest in designing and running experiments.
- Serve as a thought-partner for product managers, engineering managers and leadership in influencing the monetization roadmap and strategy for Reddit by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
- Bachelor's degree or above in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science).
- Proficiency in Machine Learning and ML frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and programming languages (Python, SQL)
- Understanding of experimentation and causal inference analyses
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional teams
- A minimum of 5 years of experience (minimum of 2 years with a Ph.D.) in one or more of the following: ML Modeling, Ranking, Recommendations, or Personalization systems.
- Experience in online advertising is preferred but not required
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Sr. Data Scientist, Ads Prediction Machine Learning
Job tags: ranking, finance, PyTorch
location or timezone
yearly salary range$183,500 - 275,300
posted68 days ago