Senior Growth Operations Analyst
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes ?" knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry ?" we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Operations Team
The Growth Operations team is a tight-knit group charged with helping to drive revenue through the sales team and improving pro Long Term Value (LTV) through the success team, all at the best ROI possible. We provide actionable insights to the sales and success teams and leadership, drive efficiencies in workflows and processes, and facilitate a smooth process for our pros to help them be successful on our platform. We collaborate across a variety of teams--from analytics to product to engineering to support!
About the Role
The Sr. Growth Operations Manager, Pro Acquisition is a people leader role responsible for leading and executing Pro acquisition strategies in a hyper-growth environment. In this role you will be responsible for discovering and driving scalable pro acquisition funnels end to end on the Pro-side of Thumbtack's two-sided marketplace. Key deliverables are to define scalable processes, integrate technology, and deliver both quantity and quality of leads needed for Thumbtack sales teams.
The team is highly interdisciplinary, encompassing a variety of skill sets including project management, operations analysts and lead generation specialists. In this role, you'll report to the Sr. Manager of Expansion Operations. You will be supporting National Ops teams to architect ETLs, dashboards and processes that help drive efficiencies and share insights across our sales funnel. More specifically, you will:
- Gather, analyze and model data for potential and existing pro business expansion- (SQL/Tableau)
- Analyze process issues and bottlenecks and to make improvements
- Create reports, dashboards and visualizations to understand business performance
- Test business processes and recommend improvements that drive revenue leading to improved ROI
- Own the production and evolution of key performance KPIs like Revenue, ROAS, LTV,CAC, conversion and churn.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- Work closely with our partners in sales, marketing, operations, product - be a good partner in the experimentation process from hypothesis design and supporting data, to audience selection through execution and analysis
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- 3+ years working experience in SQL, business intelligence tools and Salesforce CRM
- Experience synthesizing results, forming recommendations, and delivering to relevant internal stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience supporting National Accounts and/or Enterprise Sales team(s)
- Portfolio of projects focused on QA, efficiency gains and/or process improvement.
- Strong communicator with proven experience successfully working with cross functional teams in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Comfortable with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Strong marketplace experience
- A good command of statistics & testing business methodologies
- Expertise dealing with third party vendors and retrieving data from external sources.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
#LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Senior Growth Operations Analyst
Job tags: Enterprise Sales, Salesforce, Process Improvement