Senior Data Architect
Remote job description
WHO WE ARE
TapResearch was founded to help any business access critical market data about their products and services. We're a mission driven organization looking to empower any company of any size, to access the critical market insights they need to make better real time data driven decisions. Our Audience Network connects tens of millions of people with surveys in the apps and games they use everyday. We are growing by more than 100,000 New Users per day & are currently live in 25+ Countries.
Hundreds of companies, like Qualtrics, Zynga and comScore rely on our technology to collect consumer opinions across thousands of mobile apps and games from publishers such as MiniClip, Jam City, Atari, PeopleFun and many others. By connecting marketers & researchers with everyday mobile users, we are building the next generation of research products.
We're motivated by the size of the opportunity and the impact we make on our customers' organizations. Recently named one of Inc.'s Fastest Growing Companies in both 2018 and 2019, we are a fast-moving, rapidly growing, profitable company & would love for you to join us.
The TapResearch team culture is both informal and biased towards action. We encourage individuality, curiosity, diverse thinking and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to "check your ego at the door" and possess a high level of integrity. You thrive in a fast moving start-up & hands on environment and have the ability to take on project ownership & Idea generation. We value transparency and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where everybody grows and succeeds together.
You are a strong data engineer with extensive experience in data architecture, data modeling, and data management. You are passionate about building a strong data foundation for TapResearch. You will be working cross-functionally with product management, business stakeholders, and application engineers to build data pipelines, infrastructure, and models that empower data-driven decisions.
You are both an independent and a good team player, a great problem solver, and have a strong commitment to writing quality, efficient software. You will collaborate with a highly autonomous team of talented individuals and your work will have a high impact on tens of millions of users starting on day one.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with cross-functional teams to produce high performance, scalable data engineering solutions.
- Design, build, and monitor pipelines to deliver data with measurable quality.
- Partner with business stakeholders to transform raw data into actionable data models and insights.
- Lead the overall strategy for data governance, quality, and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements.
- 5+ years experience with data engineering
- Proficient with MySQL and relational datastores.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language. Python preferred.
- Experience with Cloud-based service and development environment, such as AWS or GCP
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience with Periscope or other business intelligence tools is a plus
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
- We use a variety of open source languages and frameworks -- Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, iOS, Android, Unity
- We are also reliant on AWS, MySQL, Redis, Redshift, Kibana, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Capistrano.
Along with competitive compensation, TapResearch offers first-class benefits to all of its employees including:
- Unlimited PTO.
- 100% Healthcare Premium Reimbursement.
- Stock options.
- New Macbook, company swag kit.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
TapResearch is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and is committed to equal opportunity in our recruitment and selection process without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, ancestry, disability, medical condition, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Summary
Job title: Senior Data Architect at TapResearch (Menlo Park, CA) (allows remote)
Job tags: sql, aws, python