Senior Data Analytics Engineer, Remote Americas
Remote job description
The Sr. Data Analytics Engineer will be responsible for empowering analysts and data-driven stakeholders by owning the architecture and infrastructure by which we ingest, transform, test, document, and connect data across Grafana Labs. Critical to the success of this role will be consistent communication with end stakeholders (analysts & business partners) in order to build a data stack that is flexible enough to meet the needs of our business as we grow.
- Own, operate and maintain the architecture & infrastructure of our data stack (e.g. BigQuery, dbt, Fivetran)
- Ensure that the data we need to understand and serve our stakeholders is available, accurate, and accessible
- Partner with GTM, Self-serve, Marketing, Finance, and Bizapps (and other stakeholders) to understand their data needs and identify places where the analytics stack can improve on what they're doing
- Become the go-to expert on our data pipeline, data tools, and what our data means
- Create process and standard operating procedures for the Data team
- Create and own best practices for version control, documentation, testing, etc.
- 3-5 years experience contributing to data modeling
- Experience with dbt
- 3-5 years experience in developing dashboards and visualizations
- A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills.
- Be able to understand the business at a level to influence VP priorities and company strategy.
- Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions
- Ability to present data concisely through written and oral communication. Expert at influencing business stakeholders
- BS degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or relevant degree
- Experience working in cloud environments such as AWS, GCP is a plus!
- Familiarity with the monitoring, observability, log aggregation, or APM market is a plus!
What you'll bring to the role
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and provide support globally
- Experience implementing best practices for analytics, dashboarding, documentation, testing
- Experience building collaboration and rapport within an organization with both technical and non-technical members
- Experience working in a "remote first" environment
- Empathetic, understanding and humble
- Strong work ethic
- Experience working well in both a team environment and independently
- Inquisitive demeanor with willingness to learn new technologies and responsibilities
In the United States, the Base (OTE for commission positions) compensation range for this role is $116,000 - $140,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Senior Data Analytics Engineer, Remote Americas
Job tags: analytics, AWS, Database Arch/Design
location or timezone
yearly salary range$116,000 - 140,000
posted72 days ago