Senior Analytics Engineer, Finance Data
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Analytics Engineers sit at the intersection of business teams, Data Analytics and Data Engineering and are responsible for bringing robust, efficient, and integrated data models and products to life. In this role, you will be joining a growing Financial Systems & Solutions team and will tackle highly complex and interesting data challenges on a daily basis. You will be supporting the Finance team by engineering data products to be utilized for establishing data integrity, financial reporting, performing data analysis, and executing critical projects. This role will also include implementing and testing key controls around data, databases, and tool integrity. We're looking for a self-driven data modeler with a background in DBT who can hit the ground running to ultimately play a critical role in the growth and development of our Finance org at Instacart.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Analytics Engineer to drive data quality and best practices throughout Thistle. This position will have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders and other engineers from across the company as you enable our growth through the development of appropriate data metrics, validation, documentation, and tooling.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Optimize for long-term value by concentrating on engineering rather than on recurring ad hoc tasks.
- Contribute to the optimization, documentation, testing, and tooling efforts aimed at improving data quality and empowering data analysts, scientists, and business users.
- Design and develop compelling data visualizations while also assisting in the definition of the necessary supporting data architecture.
- Collaborate and mentor data analysts and scientists in the development of efficient data pipelines and models
- Collaborate with both customers and teammates to identify key use cases and define the requirements that go with them.
- Provide thought leadership, best practices, and standards for designing and implementing scalable data analytics solutions.
- Develop, deploy and drive adoption of data quality monitoring solutions with goal being to meet increasingly higher standards of data quality and metrics accuracy
- Promote and drive a self-service data culture by developing self-service data models, building easy to use tools and dashboards and teaching business users how to use them.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years hands-on experience in BI, Data Science, or Data engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced SQL experience and dashboard building
- DBT, Airflow, Snowflake and Google Scripts preferred
- Exposure to Visualization Tools: Periscope and Tableau
- Familiarity with: Github, JIRA, Snowflake, Apache Airflow
- Strong level of knowledge and experience with multiple systems in a highly transactional business
- Proven accomplishments using needed skills and with a track record of success in a fast paced environment
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of financial concepts, common accounting practices, and system solutioning
- Proven ability to prioritize work and deliver finished products on tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with cross functional teams, gather information, perform root cause analysis, and recommend solutions to business problems
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart, your team, partners and stakeholders
- Effective at developing and managing cross-functional and cross-departmental relationships
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Analytics Engineer, Finance Data
Job tags: Periscope, Record Of Success, data visualization