People Business Partner
Remote job description
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we've grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
As our team continues to grow, we're looking for a People Business Partner to work with our Marketing, Community and Data, and Customer Success organizations and support the greater company goals. This role will partner with and support the teams to drive strategic people initiatives across all levels in the organization. They will be a sounding board and thought partner, coaching managers and employees, acting as a trusted advisor to the business.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Align the people strategy to business objectives, enhance team performance, support employee development, and plan strategic people initiatives.
- Drive the culture and ensure everything the teams do aligns with our core values.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the greater People org to identify areas for improvement and develop and deploy new programs throughout the organization.
- Work closely with management and employees within the orgs to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to people leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, total rewards, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Provide People policy guidance and interpretation.
- Support all employees and address the needs and concerns when any issues arise.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Support an inclusive environment and serve as an advocate, coach, and facilitator for building diverse and inclusive teams.
You are a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years in an HR or people operations role.
- Working knowledge of a variety of People disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Business acumen and a natural curiosity to quickly build a strong ****understanding of the business functions and priorities.
- Ability to both think strategically about big picture changes for the organization and dig in on how to tactically achieve them.
- Analytical mindset and experience using data to influence decision making.
- Proven experience building and maintaining relationships at all levels of the organization.
You'll have an edge if you:
- Have experience in a remote-first, global organization.
- Have supported marketing, community, or customer success organizations in the past.
- Are a SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $114,000 - $146,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, office and cell/internet stipends, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with the Hiring Manager (Manager, People Business Partners)
- Team Interviews with stakeholders on the People Business Partner and Leadership teams
- Final interview with a Values Carrier
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself - not just analytics tools - will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 30,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We're backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time.Privacy Notice
Supplement to Privacy Notice - Californians
Supplement to Privacy Notice - EEA/UK
Company name: dbt Labs
Remote job title: People Business Partner
Job tags: Business Acumen, Performance Management, Employee Relations
location or timezone
yearly salary range$114,000 - 146,000
posted71 days ago