Marketing Analytics Senior Associate
Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Remote job description
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local - independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town - we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We're looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We're looking for a stellar marketing data analyst to use data to drive growth strategies and maximize ROI of growth channels across Faire. This person will serve as a key partner to strategic finance & marketing managers, owning things like marketing payback framework, planning and forecasting, marketing channel analyses, A/B testing and attribution over time. Specifically, this individual will work on brand and retailer marketing analytics using attribution, A/B testing, and strategic analysis to either uncover opportunity areas for growth for marketing or to increase efficiency.
What you'll do
- Be an expert on Marketing Attribution. Manage attribution and data ETLs and partner across the org to ensure appropriate tracking of any new marketing initiatives.
- Conduct analysis on attribution and generate proposals on how attribution could be improved (scalars, MTA etc.)
- Own various payback & ROI analyses for Faire's growth channels globally (Paid and Owned channels)
- Scope and conduct analyses to find actionable insight for marketing campaigns in order to drive high ROI growth for Faire
- Build and monitor various strategic dashboards with the goal of driving the measurement and understanding of impact of both Paid and Non-Paid growth efforts on the business.
- Enhance existing models and related automated reporting to measure performance of core & new campaigns
- Propose spend growth/allocation decisions based on rigorous analysis, and communicate with key external stakeholders (F&S, Executives, Marketing Leadership)
- Collaborate with strategic finance, performance marketing managers and product to set KPIs
- Be a key contributor and thought partner in building measurement models for various marketing efforts including event measurement and with DS on OOH measurement.
- Be comfortable with running and leading experimentation, primarily on external facing CRM.
- Experience with distilling complex analyses to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Develop business/technical domain expertise of one's broader team
- Contribute to strategic planning and direction of immediate team
- A Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking, and/or business operations at a high growth startup and/or marketplace business
- You are highly analytical and data-driven. You can complete complex analyses, define critical metrics, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business. You enjoy analytical work and rolling up your sleeves to get to the right answer
- You have the ability to both lead through influence and execute extremely well
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to synthesize at the right altitude
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business and P&L and can work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Knowledge of SQL required
- Knowledge of A/B testing best practices and measurement highly preferred
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $122,500 - $168,500 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $110,000 - $151,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire's flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work - whether that's mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you'll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We're backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Company name: Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Remote job title: Marketing Analytics Senior Associate
Job tags: Investment Banking, A/B Testing, Business Operations