Junior Capital Markets Operations Analyst
Remote job description
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Funding Circle had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
The Capital Markets Operations team is seeking a motivated & take oriented Jr Analyst to support the US institutional investor operation. In this role, you'll be responsible for executing day-to-day client service operations between internal business partners and external institutional investors. This position reports to the Capital Markets Operations Senior Manager.
- Contribute to the portfolio reporting process, delivering monthly statements and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Deliver high touch client service to institutional investors as the operational relationships require.
- Work closely with Product, Technology and Ops Teams to identify & deploy improvements for reporting and portfolio surveillance tools.
- Become a subject matter expert in data quality monitoring, reporting procedures and initiatives.
- Identify operational improvement opportunities and make recommendations to management where necessary.
- Execute on project coordinator responsibilities for new investor onboardings & transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or other quantitative disciplines.
- 1-2 years of work experience in the financial services industry, including client service and reconciliation.
- Comfortable working with large data sets (preferably working with basic queries). Intermediate
- Excel skills are a must (vlookup, pivot tables, data scrubbing, recording macros, etc.). SQL and/or Tableau experience a plus.
- Confident with challenging assumptions and not settling for the status quo.
- General understanding of legal contractual language and terms.
- Possess a polished communication profile with a high attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Expert time management and prioritization skills with the ability to dynamically pivot between responsibilities.
- Identification with our mission, "to build a better financial world".
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure.
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that's varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that's built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say "I was there". Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many - including yours.
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Work Hours
- Monthly Lifestyle subsidy
- Spring Health EAP
- Generous Parental Leave
- No Cost Healthcare Options
- PPO, HMO options available
- 401(k) Retirement Match- Vests Right Away!
- Commuter Benefit, WFH subsidy
- Career Development Resources
- It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base Salary range of $50,000 to $55,000 + equity + benefits
The health and safety of Funding Circle employees is our top priority. Therefore, as a condition of employment, Funding Circle requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based new hires beginning October 1, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical or religious reasons consistent with applicable laws.Summary
Company name: Funding Circle
Remote job title: Junior Capital Markets Operations Analyst
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, lending, smb