Data Scientist, Payment Ops & Risk
Remote job description
Build the world's fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company's products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users' privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
The Payment Operations & Risk (POR) team at Fast works daily to build and operate a world-class payment processing platform free of payment failures and fraud, and as reliable as clockwork for both buyers and sellers engaged in e-commerce across the Internet. Our team is searching for an experienced Data Scientist to help us achieve our mission. This will be a key role ensuring that the Payment Operations & Risk team has world-class data reporting, visualization, and modeling.
- Are you passionate about payments, enjoy working with big data, and want to help build a data-centric culture?
- Then this position is for you!
- Make business recommendations and evaluate business performance based on metrics like payment decline rate analysis, 3rd party vendor efficacy, downstream effects of product/feature changes, etc
- Create interactive visualizations and dashboards to support payment operations in lieu of ad hoc analyses
- Build and automate reports to surface top-line metrics to key stakeholders
- Design and maintain data layers to define and structure payments data
- Partner with stakeholders to design full cycle data narratives that include data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables, and presentations
- Create models and experiments to address business needs and identify growth opportunities
- Collaborate with the broader Data Science org as a POR stakeholder and key partner
- 5+ years in data analytics/data science
- Profound experience with SQL and querying databases
- Strong experience working with R and/or Python
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, or other similar field
- Prior experience with experimentation and/or modeling
- Looker experience
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Passion to own data from end to end
- Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
- People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
- Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)
Company name: Fast
Remote job title: Data Scientist, Payment Ops & Risk