Basil Systems is a healthcare-focused start-up delivering a SaaS application that leverages product, market and regulatory data to support all types of players in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. Our goal is to help our customers deliver safe and innovative healthcare products to patients and consumers, while reducing the time to get to market. After 14 months of stealth development, we soft launched in late December 2020 to a very positive market reception and customers.
In short, Basil is a funded, revenue generating, and growth-oriented company – and we are actively seeking talented engineers to build and deliver an extensive roadmap of amazing features. We need a data engineer excited by multifaceted data challenges, and with the ability to contribute heavily in the design, build, and deployment of stable and scalable production software.
We are looking for a self-starter; you'll spend your time building reliable backend services and solving complex data processing problems. We would like you to have:
- 3+ years professional experience as a data or backend engineer
- Strong skills experience with modern Python (3.8+), MongoDB (particularly 4.2+), and MySQL or MariaDB
- Significant experience with AWS services, operations and architecture, especially with respect to data heavy applications
- Spent time building and managing ETL pipelines
Not all of these are required, but ideally you have experience with:
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Reconciling and normalizing disparate data sets
Some nice to haves
- Natural language processing (NLP) experience
- Strong data modeling skills, and an eye for what the data means in a business and product context
- Interest in machine learning, and experience building ML-driven or algorithmic data products
- Understanding of modern security practices
We are a distributed team headquartered in Boston. However, our culture allows flexibility as to when, where and how you work best – and actively employ and support remote engineers.
- Competitive salary
- Health and vision
- An attractive equity package
Basil supports and encourages building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for everyone -- and we welcome all applicants.
Tags: python, aws, mysql