Remote job description
SeedLegals is London's hottest lawtech startup - a disruptive startup to power other startups across the UK, France, Ireland, Hong Kong and Singapore.
We're a Series A company backed by exceptional VCs such as Index Ventures. We're delivering fantastic year over year growth rates combined with world-class Unit Economics.
Our mission is to guide and empower startups and small businesses to automate the legals they need. To date, over 35,000 startups and investors have used SeedLegals to close funding rounds, grant share options to employees, and so much more.
Our Data Team
You'll be joining our Data team and reporting directly to our Head of Data.
We're a small but actively growing team that's shaping the future of data at SeedLegals. Our services and insights are in high demand, and we have a lot of freedom in how we tackle our challenges. We work with a wide range of data on startups, their funding, legals, and how they interact with our platform.
We value creative problem-solving, collaboration, and personal/professional growth.
Here's what you'll be doing
- Receiving mentorship from more experienced team members on the essential skills of your role.
- Collaborating with your teammates to plan for, and deliver on, complex projects.
- Working closely with stakeholders, both internal and external-from interns to executives and founders-to deliver the information needed to make data-driven decisions. You'll be responsible for: requirements gathering, stakeholder management, data preparation/analysis, and presentation.
- Contributing to our codebase. You'll: learn how our data infrastructure works, commit your own code and documentation to our Github repository, and peer-review others' contributions.
- Looking for opportunities to learn and grow. You'll be the kind of person who does the research, learns the skill, gets the data, builds the tool, and ends each day with more expertise than they started it with.
- You'll need these essential skills...
- SQL (preferably PostgreSQL, intermediate)
- Python (novice)
- Statistics (intermediate)
- Data visualization & presentation (proficient)
If you can hit one or two of these as well, even better:
- Google Analytics
- And these extras would make you stand out
- Prior experience with PL/PGSQL
- Degree in relevant maths, computer science, or other related field
- Solid understanding of data security, ethics, and privacy practices
You'll join a friendly, motivated and multicultural team of founders, investors, developers and growth hackers. We're based in Holborn, in the heart of the legal district of London.
- You'll get responsibility (and plenty of it!).
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- Access to world class training from some of the most experienced individuals in UK startup law, investment, and entrepreneurship.
- Learning, development and networking opportunities.
- Share options. You'll be eligible for the SeedLegals performance-based share option scheme.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee, overlooking the gorgeous gardens at Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- Fully remote or in the office: entirely up to you.
- ?250 Working-from-home allowance to set up your home office
- Flexible working
- Lunch is on us! Up to twice a week (when in the office)
- Contributory pension
- Enhanced Maternity and Parental Leave
- Further benefits including health and dental cover, life insurance etc.
Company name: SeedLegals
Remote job title: Data Analyst
Job tags: business services, legal