Associate, Research Operations
Remote job description
Ready to be a Titan?
ServiceTitan is solving real-world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems. Our ambitious Service Design team works closely across the company to help make our thousands of customers' lives easier through technology. The Service Design team's mission is to connect the dots across people, processes and products to positively impact our customer's product and service experience.
Our Service Design team is looking for its first Associate, Research Operations. The Research Operations Associate will support the development and optimization of our research practices to meet demand while providing the necessary tools and support to scale and share these insights across the company.
This person will report to the Senior Director of Service Design and work closely with other research and insights teams as well as Customer Experience team members, to support the delivery and distribution of insights about the customer experience. The Research Operations coordinator needs to be an organized and creative thinker open to exploring out-of-the box and innovative approaches with the ultimate goal of creating a work environment that empowers and enables researchers to function seamlessly and do their best work.
- What You'll Do:
- Coordinate systems, software/tools, patterns and processes to develop and iterate the evolution of frictionless processes and policies for conducting research at scale.
- Innovate to create improvements in various research, insights and data teams organizational and operational effectiveness
- Provide tactical coordination for individual research projects as well as work with various teams in the strategic development of infrastructure for future initiatives.
- Support Service Design, Voice of Customer, CX Research colleagues as well as other cross-functional research teams (e.g., UX Research, Product Management, Experience Design, etc.) to develop recruitment plans and execute against them
- Support the development of key research processes such as the identification of recruiting requirements, qualification through writing screeners, selecting participants, compensation criteria, data collection, logistics and scheduling participants to meet research goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to realize the development of a participant panel
- Partner across the organization on the development, documentation, compliance and governance for policies, protocol, procedures and activities related to ethical customer data collection, consent, privacy and storage
- Organize digital products and services that support the execution, distribution and collaboration of research (e.g. MIRO, Reward Genius, Google Suite, Slack, Calendly, UserTesting, Optimal Workshop, etc.)
- Coordinate the procurement and access of tools and platforms, software contracts, and serve as a liaison with vendors
- Establish the processes and platforms for collecting, interpreting, and sharing research insights by maintaining a research repository (e.g. EnjoyHQ)
- Support the creation of processes to ensure raw data (e.g., notes, unedited audio/visual, documentation, etc.) is findable and secure
- Support the evolution of an inclusive participant recruitment processes, policies and procedures
- Work closely with cross functional research, data and insights teams to nurture partner relationships and requests
- Develop processes to uncover opportunities for collaboration, training and learning across the company to create a healthy, engaged and informed culture.
- Support the execution and programming of surveys using various survey tools (e.g., Google forms, Alchemer, etc. )
- Collect and track metrics on research delivery performance and resource capacity
Who You Are:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Marketing, Anthropology, Social Sciences, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in an applied research setting; 1 years of relevant work experience leading organizational, project or program management initiatives (preferably with Research, Customer Experience or User Experience teams.)
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. Excel, Confluence, etc.) and research tools (UserTesting, OptimalSort, Alchemer, etc.)
- Foundational knowledge about research activities, workflows; methods; excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated proactive, collaborative, experimental, and holistic approach to problem solving, extremely organized and detailed self-starter
- Project management and human-centered team empowerment agent
- Diplomatic negotiation style, ability to work with all kinds of personalities; effective at navigating crucial conversations
- Ability to ask and answer critical thinking questions
- Keen sense of when to follow a process and when process is getting in the way, optimistic get-stuff-done mindset
- Experience as part of a remote / distributed team
- Ability to work across multiple requests in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with some ambiguity and the foresight to create a plan "B" before it's needed
- Active listening and systems-thinking; heading off issues as we scale
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and more.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Associate, Research Operations
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb