Tech Ops & Support Engineer
Remote job description
We are building a world where talent comes first. Beamery's Talent Lifecycle Management platform powers recruiting, mobility, upskilling, diversity and workforce planning for the world's most forward thinking companies.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. Millions of people are being left behind everyday in their careers, and we're on a mission fix this by creating equal access to meaningful work, skills and careers for all.
We're excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech's most disruptive companies.
- So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the role
As a Tech Ops & Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing first class technical support to our internal customer facing teams. You will join the Software Engineering team that develops our Integrations Platform and will be responsible for managing customer-specific technical configurations, investigating data sync issues with the integrations, triaging bugs and running operational tasks helping new customers launch their integration with Beamery.
What you will be doing at beamery
- Diagnose, replicate, investigate and resolve complicated technical integrations issues using code comprehension, logs analysis and dashboards in Kibana and Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage collaboration and process for risky operational tasks unblocking stakeholders and customers, e.g. updating configurations using CLI tools, including occasional flexible working hours for quick turnarounds.
- Collaborate closely with customer facing teams, providing regular operational updates and key insights on system health and critical issues.
- Document issue resolutions and self-service solutions, providing tools, training and resources to customer facing teams to empower them to address issues independently and reduce engineering dependency.
- Regularly review, triage and sanitize customer reported issues to ensure relevance and readiness for investigation and quick resolutions.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience as a Tech Ops Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or a similar role, ideally with a SaaS business.
- Demonstrated ability to interrogate REST and SOAP APIs using tools like Postman.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and creatively use logging and monitoring tools such as Kibana or Datadog, including creating dashboards for external consumption.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills for investigating complex issues.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to get creative when the answer is not obvious.
- High attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, translating technicalities into summaries valuable for customer facing teams.
Join us to
- Reduce cycle time of operational tasks.
- Reduce issues requiring engineering intervention.
- Reduce time to resolution for issues.
- Build smooth communication, process and collaboration with customer facing teams.
- Enable customers and have immediate business impact in a fast growing organization helping the largest companies in the world hire.
- Work cross-functionally and with people from different departments while being a core part of a software development team.
- Have long term career development paths with mentorship including QA Engineer, Software Engineer, Integrations Consultant, Technical Support Lead, Business Analyst etc.
Company name: Beamery
Remote job title: Tech Ops & Support Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, hr, recruitment