Remote job description
Day to day here's what you can expect:
- You'll gain a broad experience of the FreeAgent application allowing you to discover exactly what's happening behind the scenes when things haven't gone as planned.
- You'll use your software engineering skills to track-down, report, prioritise and fix bugs with the rest of our development team
- You'll build web tools that empower our first-line support team to diagnose and fix customer concerns
- You'll work closely with our first-line support team, other engineering teams, third-party service providers and directly with our customers, to bring every situation under control in a polite and super-helpful manner.
- You'll help develop the technical knowledge of our first-line support team with ongoing training for the complex parts of our system.
What we're looking for:
- Experience developing web applications (Ruby, Python, Java etc)
- You're a quick learner, happy to develop your skills and understanding "on the job"
- Confidence working in a Unix environment
- Capable of explaining technical concepts to people of various technical literacy
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- An unbreakable positive attitude - you embrace all challenges with a smile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified applicant looking to move into the software industry. Applicants with more experience are of course welcomed! If the idea of cutting code and helping customers excites you, please do get in touch!Summary
Job title: Support Engineer (Junior/Mid Level) at FreeAgent (Edinburgh, UK) (allows remote)
Job tags: ruby on rails