Senior Technical Specialist
Remote job description
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize the potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard's technology not only helps salons and spas to survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
The Customer Experience group is responsible for launching, supporting, and strengthening business relationships with Boulevard customers. We are seeking an experienced technical professional to join our Tier 3 Technical Support Team. Duties for this role will include creating documentation, resolution of escalated issues, following proper escalation processes, hardware troubleshooting, and customer-facing support and consultation. Reporting to the Manager of the Tier 3 Team, this person will support our clients on highly technical issues, provide well-researched escalations to engineering and integrations, and collaborate cross-department with resources throughout Boulevard to help provide an excellent customer support experience.
What you'll do
- Handle escalated technical issues ranging from hardware, software, API, and integration support.
- Develop both internal and external resources for troubleshooting and setup of hardware and system features. Provide guidance to Tier 1 teams to improve time to close and issue handling.
- Partner with peers across our organization to reach timely resolutions on a wide range of technical topics, serving as a go-to technical resource.
- Use technical tools such as SQL, Postman, automated scripts, and internal logs to track the source of issues for proper resolution or provide a customized solution.
- Work with your team to tackle project-level technical issues, providing guidance and recommending changes to software or processes to improve efficiency.
- Make informed decisions under pressure, mediate solutions, and prioritize tasks based on impact and urgency.
- Engage in the Boulevard community, model the company values, and inspire new leaders through your work with the teams.
What you need to thrive
- Experience: 3+ years technical support or customer-facing engineering role
- Technical Chops: Deep working knowledge of SQL and cURL for API calls. Knowledge of common POS and payment hardware.
- Collaboration and Agile Communication Skills: This role amplifies the voice of the customer and connects multiple Boulevard functions. Verbal and written skills must be rockstar level with proven ability to manage messages for different audiences. Able to translate complex technical topics to customers and internal business leaders.
- Masterful Critical Thinking: You can review the details, create your own analysis, ask key questions, and cut through the noise to see the problem we need to solve.
- Joy for Blazing Trails: Boulevard is growing rapidly and we build something new every day. This is a challenge and daily choice. You love change and making it happen.
In addition to the wonderful people, you'll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that'll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you're always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our flexible vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority, so we've got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) matching option.
- Work from home stipend every month.
- Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
- Boulevard Bucks Learning & Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, says about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we're continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Company name: Boulevard
Remote job title: Senior Technical Specialist