Senior Strategic Customer Success Manager
Remote job description
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 20M users across 350k+ companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more - every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconiq, and Coatue.
Loom's Customer Success team partners with our customers to facilitate more effective and expressive communication for their employees. Our Customer Success Managers are accountable for revenue retention, growth, and customer happiness across their book of business. Our approach centers around building trust-based relationships to drive effective hybrid work behavior and valuable outcomes for our customers through the adoption of Loom. We're looking for ambitious and thoughtful customer advocates.
- Own the end-to-end success for a book of Loom customers, responsible for revenue retention, growth, and customer happiness metrics. Within this overarching goal, you will:
- Establish close alignment with your customers around their goals and priorities, and proactively plan and manage the customer relationship to achieve their target outcomes regarding license adoption and Loom usage;
- Cultivate your knowledge about our customers' organizations, focusing on what matters for executive stakeholders, IT stakeholders, and end users, while informing and improving our customers' workflows;
- Serve as a representative of Loom to our customers, conveying our strategic and product direction, and sharing how this direction will contribute to our customers' collaboration goals;
- Serve as a representative of our customers back to Loom's cross-functional teams, advocating on their behalf to ensure we're working in the best interests of our customers;
- Use customer usage metrics to find opportunities to deepen Loom's footprint and impact with our customers; and,
- Proactively plan for and lead customer renewal conversations.
- Contribute to the development of the Customer Success team by bringing strong team-orientation, finding opportunities to share knowledge and best practices, and participating in hiring as needed to fuel the team's expansion.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling the priorities of multiple internal and external parties.
What We're Looking For
- You thrive when delighting customers, eager to exceed their goals and expectations.
- You have excellent, thoughtful written and verbal communication skills. Effective communication is one of your superpowers.
- You take immense pride in your work, and approach even little tasks with craftsmanship and care. You sweat the details.
- You have strong commercial orientation and experience owning aggressive Net Dollar Retention targets.
- You have an entrepreneur's mindset and take complete ownership of your book of business and its path to growth. What you put in is what you get out.
- You're proactive. No challenge is too large for you to tackle it and see it through to completion.
- You're consultative in nature, with a high degree of empathy to identify and understand customer pains, goals, and opportunities.
- You're quick to identify opportunities for your customers, and can lead the strategic and commercial conversations to drive the opportunities to close.
- You advocate for your customers, and want to help shape our products and services in an effort to positively impact your customers.
- You have 5+ years of experience in customer-facing roles, with SaaS and working with internal teams and customer stakeholders to understand their goals and needs, and delivering insights to benefit customers.
- You're excited to pursue revenue retention and customer health targets that will fuel Loom's growth.
- You have a penchant for working in fast-paced, start-up environments.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement
How We WorkFreedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Loom = Equal Opportunity EmployerWe are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
To learn more about how Loom collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Loom Candidate Privacy Notice.
Company name: Loom
Remote job title: Senior Strategic Customer Success Manager
Job tags: Customer Facing Roles, Software as a Service, Communication Skills