Senior Client Platform Engineer
Remote job description
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent ?13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed ?7.2 billion to the UK economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a resourceful, detail-oriented, and patient individual who enjoys working with a variety of stakeholders and forging bonds within a community? If your answer is yes, you may be what we are looking for. Funding Circle is looking for a customer focussed, efficiency-driven Client Platform Engineer who is able to innovate, can think on their feet and can collaborate effectively across multiple teams. The Service Desk team is supported by this role and the successful candidate will be a key contributor to key improvements in automation and centralised management.
The role will involve close collaboration with many internal Funding Circle teams, including IT Service Desk, IT Infrastructure, InfoSec and Workplace Services. You'll be providing technical input and support across a variety of programmes of work with a focus on automation.
Although close collaboration with the Service Desk team is expected, this is not a Service Desk role and is focussed on automation engineering.
What you will be doing
- End user device management and automation, ensuring compliance, security and reliability
- Scripting and automation of existing services, processes and workflows
- Infrastructure management and automation, including on-prem and AWS Cloud infrastructure that underpin our end user services.
- Being a mentor to others and driving continuous improvement within the team and tech group
- Experienced with centralised management tools/endpoint management such as Jamf Pro, MS InTune and Autopilot, Desktop Central,PDQ
- Experienced with Identity Management and IdP such as Okta, Microsoft Active Directory AzureAD
- Good knowledge of networking fundamentals, including wired and wireless LANs as well as networking hardware such as switches, routers, firewalls
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure as Code & config management such as terraform, cloudformation, ansible
- Familiar with at least one coding/scripting language such as python, go, bash, powershell etc
Why join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
- We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we're building a culture where difference is valued. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.
Company name: Funding Circle
Remote job title: Senior Client Platform Engineer
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, lending, smb