Developer Experience Engineer
Remote job description
We are looking for a Developer Experience Engineer to help Grafana Cloud customers be more productive through best-in-class educational resources and deployment tooling. Reporting to our Head of Self-Service, this role blurs the line between advocacy, engineering and documentation, and has a consistent focus on helping users solve problems using the Grafana Stack. In this role, you'll chat with Grafana users all around the world, create highly technical guides/tutorials, write code to build tools/scripts/dashboards/etc - all while bringing your learnings back into our product development process.
What you'll be doing:
- Build end-to-end tutorials, quickstarts, and integrations to help users go from nothing to beautiful Grafana dashboards, across the entire Tempo-Loki-Prometheus stack
- Create, fix, and improve OSS tooling in the Grafana ecosystem through bugfixes, new features, and documentation
- Integrate existing DevOps/infrastructure tooling with the Grafana stack (e.g. Terraform, Flux, Argo, Helm, Jsonnet...) through bugfixes, new features, documentation, and quickstarts
- Write scripts, dashboard templates, alert templates, K8s manifests, Grafana Agent configuration and other bits around the edges to solve high-value customer problems
- From the above, create MVPs and POCs that will drive and shape future product development
- Use various communication mediums to educate and teach our community: technical workshops/webinars, videos, streams, sample app repos, etc.
- Engage with our customers wherever they hang out: Grafana's OSS Slack and forum, HN, Reddit, etc. and build feedback loops with our internal product/eng teams to surface developer / SRE pain points
- Create a set of SRE best practices around our stack and share these with the Grafana community. The Grafana stack is infinitely composable, but we'd like to propose a few "canonical" paths to SREs and developers that are just getting started
- Prior SRE / DevOps experience
- Experience setting up, configuring, and maintaining a Grafana observability stack (preferred) or other observability software
- Experience managing and deploying software on Kubernetes
- Programming experience in a modern language (preferred: Go)
- Experience with popular CI/CD, GitOps and infrastructure-as-code tools: Flux, Argo, Terraform, and friends
- Experience creating technical content, either as written tutorials, videos or other formats
- Ability to learn and understand complex technical concepts and teach them to audiences of various levels of aptitude and experience
- Deep empathy for customers
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working independently and setting priorities based on business needs
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Developer Experience Engineer
Job tags: Terraform, Developer Experience, Observability