Customer Support Specialist
Remote job description
BitPay is building blockchain payment technology that is transforming how businesses and people send, receive, and store money. We are the leading bitcoin merchant processor globally and are now rapidly expanding all of our products. We want to deliver industry leading support to our growing customer base and are looking to immediately expand our customer success team.
We're a very flat organization - everyone has ownership. We have daily standups with our colleagues to get quick feedback and collaboration on important items. Everyone has easy access to any member of the team, including the executives. We're constantly refining and improving our understanding of our customers and our product. Your job? Make a great cryptocurrency payment and cardholder experience!
- Monitor a high-volume support queue and solve support tickets meeting or exceeding the established quota. Quota is a volume based calculation and work is divided across the team based on role and current project priorities.
- Provides customers with prompt, courteous, and accurate service in all areas of their cryptocurrency payment processing, prepaid card, payouts, and wallet needs.
- Performs a variety of daily operational functions in support of all BitPay products.
- Analyzes trends in support inquiries and works with the development team to implement root cause solutions.
- Maintain internal documentation with information about technical issues/discussions with customers
- Monitor customer complaints on social media and reach out to provide assistance
- Degree in Information Systems or Business-related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Fluent in speaking & writing English
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter mentality, results oriented mindset, strong attention to detail, and ability to respond and adapt well in fast-moving and uncertain situations
- Passionate about customer service
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a Help Desk or customer service-oriented field (SaaS company preferred)
- Familiarity with Zendesk
- 2+ years technical experience in the software industry
- Knowledge of and interest in BitPay and cryptocurrency
What we offer
- Work with an extraordinary team of smart, fun, and highly motivated people
- An exciting, fast-growing tech company with a global presence where you can solve complex problems and make an impact every day
- Awesome learning and growth opportunities with professional development reimbursement
- A competitive salary with comprehensive benefits including fully paid medical and dental employee plans, telemedicine, life insurance, disability insurance, vision coverage, 401k, travel assistance, and more!
- Option to be paid in bitcoin and enjoy a bitcoin match program
- Everyone is eligible for annual stock option awards
- Generous time off including a sabbatical and the opportunity to choose your own holidays
- Home office allowance, internet/cell reimbursement, free Amazon Prime and Spotify
- A remote-first company, with the option to work in our Alpharetta office in the beautiful, walkable restaurant/shopping district of Avalon
Company name: BitPay
Remote job title: Customer Support Specialist
Job tags: transaction fees, bitcoin, fintech, open-source, payment gateway