Customer Success Engineer
Remote job description
Make a difference.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an early member of our new, elite Customer Solutions Engineering team. This team will be our in-house, customer-facing solution experts. The Customer Solutions Engineer is a deep technical and sales specialist who will own the platform adoption and expansion experience for Grafana's customers. They will be responsible for the rapid and successful application of our technology. The Customer SE team enables Grafana Labs's worldwide growth by educating existing customers to ensure they are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, hands-on enablement, presentations, design guidance, technical evaluations and ongoing interaction. We also partner closely with our Sales team to help qualify and close opportunities. The Customer SE team is also one of the primary communication routes from our customers through into the Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Provide general design and implementation guidance and help to implement Grafana Gloud (including applicable data sources, authentication, alerting, dashboards, and more)
- Educating and enabling viewers, editors, and architects how to leverage the Grafana stack
- Perform Monthly health checks and identify trends from support tickets. Help escalate accordingly. Assist in RCA.
- Assist with building/modifying critical SLA dashboards within the production environment.
- Work closely with our sales team to articulate the overall Grafana value proposition, vision, and strategy to customers.
- Propose, design, create, and present prototypes, demos, and proofs-of-concept to a wide variety of audiences, from engineers to SREs.
- Own the technical engagement with customers and help to close high-velocity opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, credibility and rapport.
- Deliver product and technical presentations to potential and existing customers
- Proactively communicate with customers and internal teams to provide a feedback loop on our products and the competitive landscape
- Drive product conversations based on need and problems learned during customer interactions
- Work with the team to enhance documentation, write blog posts, record videos, contribute knowledge base articles, and create other public and internal enablement material
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales experience, ideally with Open Source technologies, or in the Metrics/Monitoring space.
- You will be creative in solving Customer Adoption Challenges.
- Proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise and assist in the troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Identify and provide timely workarounds and solutions to meet a customer's business needs.
- Deeply knowledgeable of the Operational Expertise in the Grafana Platform (LGTM)
- You have extensive Grafana Deployment Design Expertise
- You will need first class written and oral communication skills to collaborate with our remote-first internal teams and with our worldwide customers. You will need to be able to skillfully articulate our value proposition and the technical advantages of our products
- You will love solving technical challenges and thrive on bringing creative solutions to our customers
- You should have a technical mindset and a desire to grow technically. Great candidates may be a recent grad of a coding bootcamp or have previous post-sales or engineering experience - we are excited to see what unique experiences and skill sets you bring to the table!
In the United States, the OTE compensation range for this role is $187,000-$225,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Customer Success Engineer
Job tags: Technical Sales, Troubleshooting, Grafana