Vendor Operations Manager
Remote job description
BlaBlaCar is the world's leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn't stop here - our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We're looking for people to join our journey - people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride - we can't wait to see where it takes you.
One of BlaBlaCar's key strategic goals is to foster a highly engaged community of users. The Customer Support Team at BlaBlaCar is an international, multiple award-winning team that aims at providing assistance to our community and contributes to the great experience of our users. This ensures our members an enriching and trustworthy experience. The Customer Support Team is answering questions and requests in 20 different languages, every day and 7 days a week.
We are looking for a Vendor Operations Manager to join the Customer Support Team, reporting directly to the Head of Operations. You will be managing a group of Vendor Performance Specialists, each of them in charge of supervising our outsourcing partners who help us ensure a qualitative & efficient customer support experience for members around different countries in Europe, CEE, and LATAM countries.
You will manage responsibility for provisioning and enabling extended workforce to operate as outlined in the Service Agreement. You will also manage sections of the long-term global operational strategy and support model, including extended workforce decisions, agreements, vendor selection, and continuous improvements of business processes.
- Build and manage a team of 4 Vendor Performance Specialists, coach and mentor them while creating a stimulating environment to help them thrive and grow.
- Manage overall vendor performance of Customer Support Team, driving vendor selection, consultation, and overall vendor operations strategies.
- Develop and maintain the overall workflow strategy. Identify and mitigate risk from a delivery standpoint and ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures.
- Perform efficient and effective escalation management in line with the established policies and procedures, and partner with cross-functional teams locally and globally to drive continuous improvements at scale.
- Lead and deliver regular business reviews with key stakeholders and vendor relationship management activities. Monitor outsourcing partners' performance and KPIs, identify areas of improvement, design, and deliver actionable solutions.
- Contribute to and drive global initiatives by defining and realizing overall operations strategy, work closely with various internal groups to understand business requirements, implement processes, and contribute to ongoing process improvements.
- Business travels: min. 6 per year
- You have strong experience (5+ years) in vendor and project management from strategy to operations in several countries, including a proven track record in leading BPO.
- You have at least a first experience in management, and have a strong interest in leading international teams. You understand the importance of intercultural management.
- You have developed an ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven, constantly evolving, team environment. You are a fast problem-solver!
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as a strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- You are fluent in English, written and spoken. If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day? A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
- To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
Your Future Benefits
- We offer benefits that have a positive impact on you and our society, just like our product!
- We are flexible - We adapt to your needs: - Full remote possible within France or Poland
- We are impactful - We shape our future together: - Equity for all program
- We care - We care about you and your needs: - 1 month additional parental leave 100% paid
- Home office financial support for equipment
- Relocation package & visa support
- Company events like the impact day & coding nights
- Learning possibilities through trainings, mentoring, internal development programs, and events.
- Free carpooling and bus rides
- 25 vacation days per year (min.)
- Of course we also cover the basics like transportation, healthcare, meal plan, etc.
Interested in joining the ride? Here's what your hiring journey will look like
- a 45-min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- a 60-min video call with our Head of Customer Operations, Igor Pavlov to deep dive into your people and vendor management skills, alongside your experience leading projects
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills, including a presentation to key stakeholders
- a 30-min interview with Verena Butt d'Espous, our Chief Communications Officer, for a final validation Our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
Company name: BlaBlaCar
Remote job title: Vendor Operations Manager
Job tags: marketplace, mobility, travel & leisure