Senior Manager, Growth Sales
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As the Sr. Manager, Growth Sales, you will hire, develop, and oversee a team of Sales Executives responsible for deepening our relationships with Instacart's Growth accounts. These accounts represent significant upside opportunity but are largely under-developed relationships for Instacart today. You will forge strong partnerships with these CPG brand leaders and partner with cross functional teams within Instacart to align on advertiser priorities and deliver on targets. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, can work in a fast-growing company, and has experience in ad sales leadership, ideally paid search marketing or performance advertising.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Coach, develop and mentor a team of Sales Executives
- Deliver on team sales goals
- Develop sales collateral, case studies, and custom 'stories' to translate benefits of Instacart's platform to CPG advertisers
- Develop and maintain relationships with high potential but under-developed Advertisers
- Build executive level relationships and be a solutions oriented champion for Instacart inside these organizations in a competitive market
- Create data-backed proposals for up to multi-million dollar digital advertising contracts
- Partner with cross-functional Instacart teams like analytics, product and engineering to shape the future of our Advertising products
- 7+ years experience, with 3 years of management experience
- Deep understanding of self-service and performance advertising products (required)
- Comfortable selling new/novel/untested customer engagement tools (required)
- Comfortable selling into under-developed accounts
- Commercial/financial and data based thinker (required)
- Client relationship builder with strong executive presence (required)
- Experience working within the CPG industry (required)
- Ability to stay thrive in dynamic, ever-changing environments
- Experience building account / engagement plans to drive new business
- Experience in a sales / sales leadership role and familiarity with sales operations and tools (e.g. forecasting, Salesforce, etc.)
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
CA, NY, CT, NJ
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Growth Sales
Job tags: advertising, forecasting, Sales Operations
location or timezone
yearly salary range$147,000 - 196,000
posted36 days ago