Senior Creative Operations Manager
Remote job description
Senior Creative Operations Manager
About This Role
Strava is the leading subscription platform at the center of connected fitness, with more than 100 million community members in over 190 countries. The platform offers a holistic view of your active lifestyle, no matter where you live, which sport you love, and/or what device you use. Everyone belongs on Strava when they are pursuing an active life.
We are looking for a Senior Creative Operations Manager to build our operational capacity and elevate the successful execution of Strava's design programs. This position will focus on the brand creative team while supporting common ways of working across the Design org.
The ideal candidate thrives on finding clarity in ambiguity, understands how to build positive working frameworks, and has a passion for efficiency. We are looking for a self-motivated, driven candidate who is adaptable, excited to dive in and help solve problems and excels in a highly collaborative team culture.
In this role, you will collaborate across the design organization and build relationships with our cross-functional partners. You will be responsible for shaping new ways of working and helping teams realize the best outcomes of their work.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Drive operational methodologies to set up projects and teams for success.
- Develop the brand team's content creation process.
- Build ways of working to drive impact.
- Promote cross-functional relationships to streamline processes.
- Lead multiple work streams and programs.
- Define project scope and constraints.
- Facilitate timely and successful execution of project deliverables for major initiatives.
- Maintain clear cross-functional alignment and coordination throughout project lifecycles.
- Partner with creative leadership to advance team initiatives and support effective decision-making.
- Support the planning, intake, and resourcing to ensure alignment on team priorities.
- Manage tools, budgets, vendors, and documentation.
- Support team collaboration rituals.
You will be successful here by:
- Adapting to opportunities and change.
- Breaking down complexities and helping team see through ambiguity.
- Looking broadly at comprehensive needs and blockers across teams to identify the right solutions.
- Creating actionable plans from complex inputs.
- Collaborating with multiple teams and levels of leadership.
- Creating space for and navigating through a diverse set of perspectives.
We're excited about you because you have:
- 5-7+ years of operational experience in a creative setting.
- Understanding of brand, marketing and product design life cycles with the common roadblocks and challenges teams encounter.
- Capacity to ask questions, synthesize critical information, put ideas into action, and share findings.
- Ability to lead multiple initiatives and portfolios of work.
- Experience facilitating diverse stakeholder group input.
- Ability to connect business objectives to team output and planning.
- Eagerness for new challenges, a growth-oriented approach, and an interest in managing ambiguity.
- Experience in a digital startup environment is preferred but not required.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. Just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a distributed capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives - now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Senior Creative Operations Manager
Job tags: Brand Marketing, Budgeting, Decision-Making