Legal Operations Manager
Remote job description
Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 20,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 250m contacts and 60 million business accounts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale. We're also ranked #1 in Satisfaction on G2 Crowd for Sales Intelligence & Sales Engagement and are used by 1M professionals worldwide.
In the last year, we've grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022 to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
As Legal Operations Manager you will be a founding member of the Legal team, helping to develop and operationalize key processes and systems. You'll be the resident expert for all legal technology solutions and work with a mandate for finding efficient ways that legal can work with key stakeholders across and outside the business. As a founding legal team member, you will delight in educating stakeholders through content and presentations and will bring a builder-mentality to everything you do. Cross-functional collaboration will be a key part of your day-to-day job as you work to find efficiency wins in how we operate at scale.
This 100% remote position (with the likelihood of optional travel to team and/or industry events) and will report to our Chief Legal Officer.
Daily Adventures and Responsibilities:
- Run an assessment and implementation of a contracts lifecycle management (CLM) system and serve as day to day responsible party for the continuous improvement of the CLM across the business
- Own legal technology tools and provide support for adjacent department technology tools as it relates to legal aspects or legal support
- Take day to day lead on contracts management processes and stakeholder education, working closely with Apollo's revenue and revenue operations teams to ensure an organized contract lifecycle process and up to date processes and policies across our sales teams
- Help templatize recurring agreements and ensure they are executed in accordance with company policies
- If experienced, assist with the management of Apollo's equity matters (including but not limited to light Carta administration work)
- Work with the Security, Finance and People functions on centralizing key corporate policies and logging, updating, rolling out, and tracking signatures
- Assist with preparing board materials and board books in advance of meetings of Apollo's Board of Directors and their committees, which may include compiling corporate governance resolutions and drafting and reviewing slide decks and other materials
- Take lead on company-wide communications regarding legal department policies and processes, helping communicate up to date information to our global employee base
- Assist with billing matters and managing outside counsel and other external provider spend
- Other special projects, which may include: maintaining up to date trackers for intellectual property registrations, assisting with security and/or privacy audit tracking, drafting internal communications, editing and reviewing compliance-related trainings, conducting file-management, leading process and operational standards and improvements that help the business scale, implementing and taking ownership for other legal technology solutions such as privacy software and/or whistleblower hotline software, procuring and analyzing data relevant to the operations of the business and the legal department
What We'll Look For (Qualifications):
A driven and detail-oriented multi-tasker with superb project management skills and a healthy sense of humor and perspective. Key qualities and qualifications include:
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in legal operations or related fields of paralegal support, contracts management, strategy and operations, and/or general operations
- Demonstrated experience implementing legal software - prior experience implementing contracts lifecycle management (CLM) platform a must-have
- Familiarity with core concepts of legal operations (the CLOC 12) and a defined point of view on the responsibilities and opportunities for legal operations to work within a fast-paced business
- Enthusiasm for wide-ranging topics that are critical for in-house legal departments, including corporate, employment law, privacy law and compliance and commercial contracts
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to run complex, multi-stakeholder projects with minimal supervision and direction
- High attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Ability and interest to manage through influence and demonstrated success in relationship-building across diverse groups in a business
- A belief and practice that no task is too big or too small
- Self-initiative that drives a desire for impact and achievement
- A pragmatic approach to getting things done
- Comfort with fast-paced environments
- A sense of humor and above all else, a positive attitude
- Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with Salesforce integrations and partnering closely with the sales/revenue operations function
- Equity management familiarity and experience implementing Carta maintenance projects (including familiarity with equity-related tax and securities rules)
- Prior experience in global subsidiary management
- Familiarity with data analytics and a desire to take a data-driven approach to decision-making and legal department operations wherever possible
- Prior experience implementing privacy management software solutions
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You'll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We're very collaborative at Apollo, so you'll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You'll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Company name: Apollo
Remote job title: Legal Operations Manager
Job tags: Legal Operations, Employment Law, Commercial Agreements
location or timezone
posted58 days ago