Head of Growth
Remote job description
FlyFlat Seeking Head of Growth
Role Overview FlyFlat is seeking to hire someone with a passion for international travel as its Head of Growth. Our entire team is remote across four continents and we all love to travel and take advantage of being on a remote team working from around the world. We intend for all team members to share this passion for the coming decades at FlyFlat!
In 2022 FlyFlat grew over 300% for the fifth year straight in terms of both revenue and gross profit due solely to word of mouth, closing the year with approximately $3.4M in revenue and $1M in gross profit. We are now seeking to add a team member to grow the business even more in 2023. Our goal is to grow by that same amount we did last year - at least 300% total in 2023.
We are looking for someone that will know how to fill their time to achieve the business’s goals - fundamentally the chief mandate for a head of growth is to increase the bottom line with high-quality, long-term, repeating customers. However you think is best to achieve that we will support.
- Full Time, no set hours required. Emphasis on results and not on the number of hours worked or when those hours are worked. Location:
- Remote, with bonus points for living in Austin, Philadelphia, or Lisbon
- We think the role will likely begin with a thorough analysis of the FlyFlat products and market, and creating a plan for which marketing channels to test
- With the recent soft launch of FlyFlat Deals, our hypothesis is that the role will begin to focus on building a funnel for this new product that doesn’t require interaction with a human to book a ticket. Then 2-3 months following those efforts to begin to setup a funnel for our core white glove concierge product.
- Hiring, growing, and managing a yet-to-be-formed growth team to support your efforts
- Advise on product – where are we losing people downstream and why? How should we change the way our site feels? What should we fix about our booking process to decrease CAC?
Reports To: CEO
Coworkers COO, Head of Travel Operations
Direct Reports Head of Internal Operations, who manages all non-travel operational elements of the business.
You will have a mandate to grow your own team to increase the growth of the business, which is defined by CAC.
Growth Opportunities (not required or part of job from day 1)
- Travel with the COO and CEO for conferences and events to acquire customers client acquisition
- Create and lead in person events with the primary goal of customer acquisition
- Be part of future fundraising + investor relations
Who You Are: Nice to have experience: Base Salary:
- You have a passion for international travel
- You have grown a business doing $1M+ in revenue significantly through acquiring customers primarily online.
- You have experience with most or all of the following channels:
- Influencer marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Paid ads on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, with some knowledge of Google Ads and LinkedIn Ads as well
- Managing a newsletter
- Email marketing
- PR – you don’t have to have manage this yourself but you have to have been part of a team that tested it
- You are results-driven and extremely proactive
- You have a strong analytical ability, are detail-oriented, and proficiency with analytical tools
- You have experience with early stage, high growth startups, operating with lean and efficient teams.
Who You Are: Nice to have experience: Base Salary:
- Basic technical chops: being able to make website changes on your own
- Design: being able to create ads and update our collateral yourself
- Marketing: you are a pro at Google Analytics
- Significant international travel experience
- Strong knowledge of credit points and airline mileage programs
- Working in the travel industry
Who You Are: Nice to have experience: Base Salary: $100,000-$160,00
Profit-based commissions, equity bonuses: to be mutually agreed upon so success is heavily incentivized. We expect for the bonuses in a success state of hitting our goals for growth to dwarf the base salary and with moderate growth for the total cash comp to exceed $250k in year 1
Equity: 5-3% vested over four years with a one year cliff. The business was recently valued at an $18M valuation
Hours, Time Off FlyFlat values rest and it is important that everyone that works with at the organization to have meaningful time to rest and recharge. We are big believers in always seeking to work smarter rather than working harder and want the incentives of this job to align with that philosophy.
At FlyFlat we have a goal of three weeks or 15 business days of PTO (we don’t want it to be too much lower or higher but this isn’t strict) with at least 5 of those days occurring around the holidays in December
FlyFlat Overview I have been a travel hacker all of my adult life, opening up hundreds of credit cards while in college to travel around the world in business and first class and stay at luxury hotels for nearly free. I started FlyFlat after working at The Points Guy where I became an expert in navigating backend systems to find the best flights at the best prices.
Five years since pivoting my side hustle from advising founders and investors to selling heavily discounted tickets directly to them, FlyFlat today is a 24/7, Membership-Free, White-Glove Concierge Service, dedicated to having the best deals in the world on international business & first-class travel. We average 35% off international business and first-class tickets, often offering our customers the best price possible.
We have built an extensive network of global travel partners that give us access to booking methods and inventory not available to the public largely through arbitraging credit card miles and points. When mileage deals aren’t available, we leverage proprietary hidden city fares, gift card arbitrage, and net fares to always save our clients money.
Since 2017, clients have been happy to return to FlyFlat for its excellence in customer service, follow-through, and top-notch execution in even the most last-minute of travel needs.
-Zach Resnick, founder and CEO of FlyFlat If interested in the role please email me at email@example.com the following: -Why you are passionate about international travel -How you have grown a business doing $1M+ in revenue significantly through acquiring customers primarily online. -An attached resume or link to LinkedIn
I look forward to hearing from you!
Company name: FlyFlat
Remote job title: Head of Growth
Job tags: Travel, Sales and Marketing, Growth, Crypto