Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition combines cybersecurity and insurance to help organizations prevent digital risk before it strikes. Coalition's Active Insurance policies combine traditional coverage with a digital risk assessment and monitoring technology to help small and medium-sized businesses protect themselves in today's hyper-connected world.
The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd's of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America. Today, Coalition is one of the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.'s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company's most innovative companies for 2022.
About the Role
The Claims team at Coalition stands apart for our outstanding level of client service and intelligent handling of claims for our insured customers. As a team, Claims is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. As we continue to expand, we are seeking an experienced attorney with prior management experience to join our cyber claims team and to lead a team of experienced claims professionals responsible for handling complex primary Cyber, Tech, and Media policies. You will also provide support to the underwriting team and manage/collaborate on wording and work with a variety of vendors namely - breach coaches, defense counsel, and coverage counsel for Coalition and its partner carriers.
- Lead and support a team of claim attorneys handling complex first and third party global cyber, tech and media cyber claims
- Analyze insurance coverage issues, draft coverage letters, review coverage opinions of the team, and provide supportive counsel to the team
- Assist team in connection with the posting and recommending accurate reserves, maintaining accurate file documentation/information in our claims system and analyzing liability and damage data in connection with complex first and third party claims
- Limited claims handling for large third party events and complicated first party as a coach-play philosophy to train the newly formed team
- Work on special projects driven by company needs
- Act as a first line of defense in assisting the team with broker relationships and fostering and developing those relationships
- Identify settlement opportunities to maximize impact
- Collaborate in the defense and resolution of claims
- Provide data and analytic based-informational support to underwriters
- Provide support to business development with regard to marketing
- Liaise with partner carriers on a daily basis
Skills and Qualifications
- Juris Doctor degree is required along with a license to adjust cyber claims in the state you are domiciled
- 6+ years of experience handling cyber, tech, and media claims in addition to experience in coverage and handling of third party claims
- 2+ years of prior people management experience
- Other lines of business including MPL experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, interact with others, meet deadlines, and successfully perform in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented with ability to excel in a collegial environment but work independently
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition's individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,000 - $215,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
We're a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
Recent press releases:
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company's Annual List of of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Manager, Claims
location or timezone
categoryAdmin and Assistants
yearly salary range$140,000 - 215,000
posted94 days ago