Web Automation Engineer
Remote job description
About the Role:
We are looking for a Web Automation Engineer to work with our team. If you have a knack for breaking things, love working with the latest and greatest technology and have a startup mentality with a curiosity to conquer the task at hand -- Papaya is interested in chatting with you. As a Web Automation Engineer focusing on our browser automation technologies, your input will be critical in making important technical decisions.
Remote engineers within Latin America are welcome to apply. Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect to make somewhere between $4,000 and $5,000 USD per month upon joining the company.
What you'll be doing:
- Refactor and incrementally improve code base and edge case handling for website automations
- Detect and analyze web automation bot results and organize automation bugs in Jira task system
- Work closely with automation lead to help innovate and refine our best practices and automation plans, along with their documentation
- Make and interpret reporting and logging tools to detect and organize automation result issues
- Work closely with engineering and operations to better understand requirements for our browser automations and help to resolve issues as they arise
We'd like to hear from candidates with:
- Professional experience using Selenium, Puppeteer, or Playwright
- Experience with Git for version control and branching
- Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team
- Eagerness to learn and solve complex problems
- Ability to be organized, methodical, and calm in time sensitive situations
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, topics, and processes
- Startup-experience (e.g. working in a fast-paced environment)
- Continuous integration with Gitlab or similar tool
Papaya is a modern fintech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate the frustration of paying bills. We are building technology to help address American families' number one source of stress, finances, while also helping billers of all sizes and from all industries get paid faster and more often.
At Papaya, we love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020, 2021, and 2022! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 90k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.
Company name: Papaya Pay
Remote job title: Web Automation Engineer
Job tags: Version Control Systems, Selenium, Puppeteer