Test Automation Lead
ACA Compliance Group
Remote job description
ACA believes that we can deliver the world's best GRC software to our blue-chip financial services client base of over 3500 firms. We are seeking top talent to join us in our journey to build and deliver "The SalesForce of Compliance". Compliance Officers in finance have been stuck in the past, with inefficient, manual effort driving their compliance programs. ACA's ComplianceAlpha is deployed at 800+ clients and more daily to help modernize that. We are investing significantly to drive technology usage at our clients.
The Test Automation Lead role is responsible for the development and delivery of a test automation strategy and framework for UI and API automated test scripts that cover the functional areas of our ComplianceAlpha application.
We are looking for an imaginative self-starter with a passion for great software and a proven track record of developing test automation solutions that drive exceptional quality and productivity. Only motivated problem solvers willing to take the initiative and demonstrate consistent follow-through need apply. Qualified candidates will have extensive experience successfully implementing test automation.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop a test automation strategy and maintain multi-layer automation frameworks for UI and API automated test scripts that cover the functional areas of our application suite.
- Lead a team of test automation resources embedded in cross-functional development teams, to create scripts and provide faster, scalable, and more comprehensive test coverage.
- Guide other automators in creating tests for Web UI and client-based applications from specifications.
- Organize and direct team meetings to ensure automation efforts are on track.
- Outline a structure to maintain and execute test automation code using a version-controlled repository.
- Review requirements stated in product backlog and assign to each sprint as needed.
- Partner with release personnel to integrate automated testing with the continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) deployment process.
- Analyze root cause of failing test automation test scripts and fix.
- Lead the collaboration with software developers as needed to identify root cause of product defects and resolve problems.
- Create progress reports and status reports that communicate critical information to the project team and executive management.
- Align strategies with organizational goals and report progress to the QA Manager.
Skills and attributes for success
- Motivated to deliver the best possible software solutions in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Ability to mentor and guide the next wave of up-and-coming test automators, helping them learn best practices and standards.
- Ability to quickly identify and communicate risks.
- Proactively learn and experiment with new technologies and cloud development strategies, staying ahead of the curve
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities and understand when to 'switch gears' to unblock others.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Diplomatic with strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivator with a strong work ethic, able to perform job duties without significant supervision.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of test automation experience, preferably using Selenium.
- Development experience with C#, Java, or any other Object Oriented Programming language is required.
- Experience with keyword and data driven test automation is required.
- Experience with development tools, such as Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Junit, and Eclipse.
- Working knowledge of code coverage tools, defect-tracking systems, test case management systems, and performance tools.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git or SVN.
- Experience implementing and testing APIs (OData, REST, SOAP).
- Experience with Agile Scrum and ATDD methodologies.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and database automation.
- Experience with test automation for software products deployed in a cloud or hybrid environment utilizing cloud service platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins is required.
- Ability to create tests of code logic using Java testing frameworks.
Ideally, you will also have
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM
- Experience in DevOps tooling such as TeamCity, SAM Templates, Octopus.
- Experience automating mobile platforms, a plus.
- Experience with time-series databases.
- Experience with distributed caching technology.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V) and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), a plus.
- Experience in other scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby, are a plus.
What we look for
We are interested in innovative technology professionals with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the industry. If you have a genuine passion for new technologies and transforming an entire industry, this role may be for you.
What working at ACA offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options as well as a flexible work environment. You'll also be granted time off for designated ACA Paid Holidays, Summer Fridays, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You will develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We will provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We will give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You will be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Why join our team?
We are the leading governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) advisor in financial services. When you join ACA, you'll become part of a team whose unique combination of talent includes the industry's largest team of former regulators, compliance professionals, legal professionals, and GIPS® standards verifiers in the industry, along with practitioners in cybersecurity, ESG, and regulatory technology.
Our team enjoys an entrepreneurial work environment by offering innovative and tailored solutions for our clients. We encourage creative thinking and making the most of your experience at ACA by offering multiple career paths. We foster a culture of growth by focusing on continuous learning through inquiry and curiosity, and transparency. If you're ready to be part of an award-winning, global team of thoughtful, talented, and committed professionals, you've come to the right place.
More about ACA
ACA was founded in 2002 by four former SEC regulators and one former state regulator. The founders saw a need for investment advisers to receive expert guidance on existing and new regulations.
Over the years, ACA has grown both organically and by acquisition to expand our GRC business and technology solutions. Our services now include GIPS standards verification, cybersecurity and technology risk, regulatory technology, ESG advisory, AML and financial crimes, financial and regulatory reporting, and Mirabella for establishing EU operations.
What we commit to
ACA is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We conduct our business without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, religion, disability, caregiver, marital or partnership status, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), ancestry, national origin and citizenship, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, creed, genetic predisposition, carrier status or any other category protected by federal, state and local law.
ACA is firmly committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, which applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotions, training, discipline, terminations, layoffs, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Here at ACA, we have created a variety of programs to promote ACA's culture of inclusivity and work hard to ensure that all our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute to ACA and feel that ACA is exactly where they belong.
About ACA Compliance Group
ACA Compliance Group (ACA) is a leading global provider of governance, risk, and compliance advisory services and technology solutions. We partner with our clients to help them mitigate the regulatory, operational, and reputational risks associated with their business functions. Our clients include leading investment advisers, private fund managers, commodity trading advisors, investment companies, broker-dealers, and domestic and international banks. ACA is based in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
Company: ACA Compliance Group
Job title: Test Automation Lead at ACA Compliance Group () (allows remote)
Job tags: automation, quality assurance, testing