Systems Engineer Systems Integration
Remote job description
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation - making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. The Systems Engineering team at Aurora is seeking a candidate with expertise in software architecture, engineering, and integration of safety- and mission- critical software systems.
Aurora's Systems Engineers work closely with engineering design teams to develop sound and implementable design concepts and requirements. Collaboration and teamwork are essential for bringing various stakeholders together, and guide implementation decisions across different disciplines.
In this role, you will
- Define the interfaces across both autonomy and vehicle systems by:
- Specifying data flow, flow control, timing, memory usage, and message contents to ensure synchronization, correctness, and completeness
- Collaboratively negotiating new interface contracts between various parts of the software and hardware architectures in partnership with software and hardware teams
- Systematically documenting the designed interactions of adjacent modules
- Generating integration requirements
- Establish an integration plan and directly support integration activities to:
- Incrementally assure performance of software and hardware interfaces as modules are combined
- Identify issues that are not easily discoverable when modules are viewed in isolation or are obfuscated at the system level
- Communicate and help resolve interface errors to mitigate risks before the release of the final build
- Participate in cross-functional planning for future autonomy and vehicle systems to preemptively identify gaps and/or excesses in expected capabilities or performance
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, or a related specialized area or field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering) and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with software architecture, engineering, and integration in safety- or mission- critical systems
- Experience writing testable requirements
- Strong organizational and communication skills; ability to effectively coordinate efforts and requirements across a large number of stakeholders across the organization
- Proficiency in JAMA for requirements management
- Experience with Linux kernel and real-time operating systems
- Experience with robotics middleware and distributed messaging frameworks such as ZeroMQ, LCM, and/or gRPC
- Knowledge of both high and low-level communication protocols, from I2C and SPI to CAN and TCP/IP Protocols
- Proficiency in C++ and Python
- Program management experience
Company name: Aurora
Remote job title: Systems Engineer Systems Integration
Job tags: hardware, mobility, software