Staff Software Engineer, Data Warehouse
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there's a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a Staff Software Engineer - Data Warehouse, you will build production facing tools on top of Reddit's petabyte-scale warehouse, and empower data science, ML, and analytics teams to consume data in a self-serve warehouse that you will help architect. If you have a passion for building and maintaining high quality code, want to improve how Reddit makes strategic decisions at the company level, and are excited about applying engineering best practices to one of the most powerful corpus of data in the world, then this is the team for you!
What You'll Learn:
- You will be exposed to the full lifecycle of data at Reddit, and as a result will gain expertise on how to improve the data culture across the entire company
- You will collaborate directly with data science, experimentation, infrastructure, machine learning, and senior leadership
- You will interact with one of the largest and richest datasets in the world, work with leading data technologies, and lead efforts that allow the Data Warehouse team to improve the performance and reliability of our stack
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to developing the team and organization's long term strategy
- Build and scale data orchestration services that support complex analysis across Reddit
- Write production level code that processes billions of events per day
- Design and implement tooling for access management, compute allocation, data security & retention policies, and warehouse architecture
- Define and manage SLAs for datasets that support production services, including an on-call rotation for Data Warehouse tools
- Mentor other engineers on how to design, build, and evangelize services used by hundreds of engineers across Reddit
Who You Might Be:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in a production setting writing clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Python, Scala and SQL languages like BigQuery/SparkSQL/Postgres
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, machine learning, and product
- Experience working with terraform, airflow, Kubernetes, and CI/CD
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer, Data Warehouse
Job tags: Scala, Terraform, airflow