Staff Software Engineer Backend
Remote job description
Lookout is the leader in mobile security, protecting the device at the intersection of the personal you and the professional you. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobile devices are essential to all we do for work and play. We're trusted by millions of consumers, enterprises, government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of the Lookout engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout's category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
We're looking for an Engineer who has experience building, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that performs dynamic analysis of Android applications and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Desire and ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack. Functional programming experience is highly desired.
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called to take on challenges in areas such as:
- Reverse engineering
- Scalable distributed systems design.
- Working knowledge of Android Runtime (ART) environment (or Dalvik Virtual Machine)
- A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to automated testing, metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement in all of your work.
- At least 8+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed, production class software on public cloud platforms.
- Exceptional coding & design skills in one of the following: C++, Java or Scala
- Desire to invest and learn kernel and operating system level complexities and implementations.
- Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continual delivery.
- Passion for software engineering and reverse engineering software programs.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline.
Nice to have:
- Android Mobile app development and automation.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily C++ / Java, with Scala.
- Android OS and its mobile ecosystem, and its related development toolkit.
- Graphs and NoSQL databases including TinkerPop, JanusGraph, Cassandra, and ScyllaDB.
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, and a metric ton of EC2.
Staff Software Engineer - Backend
Tags: communications, enterprise, freemium, licensing, mobile, saas / subscription, security, software