Staff Software Engineer Backend
Build the world's fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company's products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users' privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to globally remote, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer that has implemented solutions at scale to join a fast moving team where you are empowered to make quick decisions. Fast is transforming Checkout to be faster, easier and safer than ever before.
- The backend team is moving towards macro-services - coarse grained services
- You will be using a mix of Golang, Java and Python
- Build solutions that take into consideration issues of scale and improves design flexibility
- Show impact across other teams by proposing business opportunities, process changes, technical opportunities
- Drive system design conversations with partners in product and engineering to build solutions for our customers
- Participate in team meetings covering all types of topics including release and build roadmaps
- CS degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with languages commonly utilized to create solutions at scale, such as Golang, Python, Java, etc
- Fluent in commonly utilized patterns to create solutions at scale
- Adopting best practices and technologies in a fast-paced startup
- Experience making technology choices and executing on product roadmap
- Experience with distributed systems or microservices
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
Benefits of life @ Fast:
- Fast Flex allows all of our employees to choose where they want to work: our office (when open), their home or any place else in the world.
- Early stage well-funded company with innovative engineering and product culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a company priority
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive benefits (including 99% of healthcare cost and 401k matching)
- Home office reimbursements and snack deliveries (and awesome swag!)
Staff Software Engineer- Backend