Staff Software Engineer, Android Privacy
Remote job description
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in mobile application development or Android framework development.
- 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 5 years of experience testing and launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Masters degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 15 years of professional software development experience.
- 5 years of experience with iOS or Android application development.
- 5 years of experience with performance, large-scale systems data analysis, visualization tools, and/or debugging.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects.
About the jobGoogle's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $183,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Lead designs of applications, software systems, and features.
- Design compelling application programming interfaces (APIs) that allow developers to create efficient and performant applications.
- Build robust and scalable mobile components, and lead new innovations in the Android ecosystem.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software quality, functionality, and security. Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with technical expertise.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams. Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
Company name: Google
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer, Android Privacy at Google (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
Job tags: android, mobile, ios