Staff Software Engineer
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We're evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we're excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one!
Our internal research shows that Reddit is part of our users' Path to Purchase. People come to Reddit to research products, read reviews, and make decisions about what to buy. We want to let advertisers showcase their products directly within these conversations.
Ads Business Foundations
On Ads Business Foundations, our mission is to enable large enterprise businesses to spend and succeed with Reddit Ads. We build foundational products that will unlock spend from large advertisers. We also steward the Ads API to ensure its health, stability and performance as well as advancing and enforcing architectural standards.
This year, we are focused on two major themes:
- Business Identities - Rebuild Reddit's data model and access controls to support larger clients and agencies
- Public Ads API - Build an ecosystem of partners who integrate with our Public Ads API to manage and monitor their campaigns programmatically
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that makes Reddit a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Work with product managers to design and implement Ads products.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Lead the processes needed to improve operational stability, including improving code quality, delivering dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build extendable components that would align with the product objectives.
- Support day to day project management tasks including communicating project updates, managing project timelines and overseeing project execution.
- 7+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Go, C++, Python).
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Thrift, Kafka, Druid, Go and Python are highly preferred.
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Good understanding of large scale backend service design.
- An interest in the advertising business and understanding customer needs is a plus.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: USD $198.200 - 297.300
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer
Job tags: Python, C/C++, advertising
location or timezone
yearly salary range$198,200 - 297,300
posted74 days ago