Staff Full-Stack Engineer
Remote job description
What We Build
We believe the way most teams capture their knowledge today is broken. Knowledge belongs where the action happens - not in documents hidden in a virtual filing cabinet.
Process Street is where teams bring their operational knowledge to life using rich, automated playbooks. Often described as checklists with superpowers, our platform enables you to build, run, and gather insights for all your team's recurring workflows.
Global across 10 countries and 100% remote for over five years now, we were founded on a strong belief in the work-life benefits of a healthy, collaborative remote culture. We value flexibility because many of us are parents, travelers, or just creatives who aren't inspired by the 9-to-5.
And we're backed by amazing investors like Accel, Salesforce, and Atlassian.
- You want agency. We practice the Shape Up process, and run 6-week cycles and 2-week cooldowns. For the 6-week cycles, PMs provide a problem statement and some guidelines - no tickets, no detailed specs, no hi-fidelity solutions, and no estimates. Designers and engineers are trusted to craft the best solution possible in the cycle using user research, data, experience, and grit. During the 2-week cooldowns, you have the autonomy to work on what's important to you - including code maintainability or making the team faster. If a lot of responsibility, freedom, and ambiguity sounds refreshing, this role is for you.
- You love to ship. We move fast. We deploy continuously behind feature flags, and release to customers at the end of every cycle. We utilize CI/CD and maintain ~70% test coverage.
- You love process, but loathe meetings, bureaucracy, and ceremony. We think process is a tool. Used well, it makes us a better, faster team. But when it's not doing that, we drop it. We avoid unnecessary meetings whenever possible. A typical week for our engineers and designers has fewer than 5 hours of meetings.
- You want to have a big impact. We're a small team and we're still early stage. We don't have designated areas of responsibility, and everyone wears the product hat. Every cycle brings new challenges, and your sphere of influence is wide. You love the variety and don't want to be shackled to a single project for years.
- You have seven (7) or more years of experience in software development. We will hire in a range of levels for this position. So if the role excites you, and you have three years of experience, but don't have the exact title listed here, you should apply.
Our Hiring Process
- No all-day interview marathons. We use Calendly links to let you schedule interviews at the most convenient times for you.
- No lengthy take-home projects. That said, we do a collaborative coding exercise in an IDE-like environment during our interviews. It's more focused on how you approach your work than the code itself.
- No puzzles, algorithms, or gotcha questions. Our coding or design exercises are what you'd expect to do in a real-world on-the-job scenario.
- We don't hire everyone that passes. We care more that Process Street is going to be a fit for you. We know that our teammates aren't cogs in a machine, and you won't be interviewed like one.
- For us, diversity isn't just a buzzword. We actively focus on inclusivity and strongly encourage candidates who bring more diversity of opinion, experience, and background to apply.
- Fully remote team - No offices, no commute, forever.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual company offsite* - (When not in a pandemic. We're doing a virtual one this year!)
- Social time - We know human connections are what make teams strong. We regularly do coffee chats, game-playing, story-telling, house tours (only if you're comfortable), and more to build connections.
- Generous health insurance for US employees and their families
- Equity for all full-time roles
Read More About The Team
- Shape Up vs Scrum: 6 Months to 6 Weeks - How We Cut Our Dev Cycle 75%
- An Interview with Ivy: Shape Up From a Product Designer's Perspective
- The Inside Secrets of a Process Street Full Stack Engineer
- An Insider Look Into How We Built the Process Street Slack App (In 2 Weeks!)
Diverse Teams Build Better Products
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Process Street does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.Summary
Company name: Process Street
Remote job title: 100% Remote | Staff Full-Stack Engineer at Process Street (allows remote)