Staff Frontend Engineer
Remote job description
Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 20,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 250m contacts and 60 million business accounts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale. We're also ranked #1 in Satisfaction on G2 Crowd for Sales Intelligence & Sales Engagement and are used by 1M professionals worldwide.
In the last year, we've grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022 to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
YOUR ROLE AND MISSION:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement and drive best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career. You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with product, design, software engineers, and members in teams outside of Engineering. You enjoy working cross functionally to solve hard problems and make an impact. At Apollo, you strive for quality, and are obsessed with improving quality, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. You have a drive to constantly investigate performance improvements and innovative ideas.
Our tech stack is React/Redux/NodeJS on the front-end, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/MongoDB/Elasticsearch on the backend, and Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform in infrastructure.
- Work closely with product, design and engineering team to design and contribute to core product initiatives.
- Produce "clean" and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation;
- Implement "pixel perfect" design as delivered by our designers that works across different browsers, according to specifications provided
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automation and continuous delivery
- Effectively communicate development progress or blockers to the product lead, engineering manager, and other stakeholders
- Work effectively as part of a large global team
- Attend and engage in stand-ups, team meetings, and manager 1:1s
- Provide and receive constructive feedback and praise to co-workers in verbal and written form; respond and react to technical and behavior feedback from managers and peers
- Proactively acts without being told what to do. Able to identify areas of improvement and driving best practices to deliver high quality, performant, and scalable solutions.
- Ability to take ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you're confident it's correct
- You usually communicate effectively, clearly, concisely and in an audience-oriented way in written and verbal form both technical and non technical subjects, to your teammates. You actively listen to others and ensures they are understood. You pay attention to nonverbal communication.
- You help your teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks. You give or share credit where due.
- You deliver praise and constructive feedback to your team, teammates, and manager in a useful manner.
- You actively seek out feedback from your teammates and manager, and works to use feedback that you receive as a tool for growth.
- Confident in owning your role, and bringing creative ideas to the hands of our users
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in frontend development, developing large-scale applications
- Strong attention to the detail
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with Cypress in writing meaningful tests
- Interest in building UI with performance, accessibility and scalability in mind
- Strong UX and product sense with the ability to negotiate the right MVP
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You'll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We're very collaborative at Apollo, so you'll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You'll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Company name: Apollo
Remote job title: Staff Frontend Engineer
Job tags: Frontend Web Development, User Experience Design, Redux.js