Staff Engineer Monetization Platform
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the team:
- The Monetization Platform team sits at the heart of Confluent's business strategy, enabling the company to grow by monetizing products and features across Confluent Cloud - a fully managed multi-cloud solution. Our mission is to build a flexible, accurate, performant, and robust monetization platform responsible for supporting flexible pricing and payments, on-demand bill generation, etc. allowing Confluent to define and sell products globally.
- In this role, you will build accurate, reliable, scalable, and functionally rich systems in the cloud to support usage-based billing and pricing in the cloud that powers Confluent's revenue across all products and global markets. You will get an opportunity to work on business-critical flows from ideation to completion by closely collaborating with Product Managers, different engineering and business teams.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team's and company's interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- A hands-on engineer who enjoys working loosely coupled distributed systems
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver a high-quality solution with accuracy
- Able to work in an agile environment and adapt to changing business requirements
- Believe in test-driven development
- Excited about learning and adapting to emerging new technologies
- Enjoy and take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving different technologies and systems
- Have a high bar when working with production systems
What We're Looking For:
- At least 12+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in architecting, designing, and developing highly-scalable and performant backend services
- Deep knowledge of designing distributed systems in the Cloud
- Experience in running production services in Public Clouds, with a drive towards quality, accuracy, and operational excellence
- Strong problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills with attention to details
- Proficiency in a major programming language e.g. Java, Go, C / C++, Python, etc.
- A strategic engineer who constantly thinks of operational improvements of the service to meet availability and performance SLA
- Comfortable with troubleshooting technical issues across services and multi-level technical stack that includes microservices, containers, and virtualization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, like discipline, or commensurate work experience
What Gives You an Edge:
- Large Public Clouds - AWS, GCP, & Azure
- Containers - Docker & Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Kafka or Kafka Connect
- SaaS platform development
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Staff Engineer Monetization Platform
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure