Sr. Software Engineer, ICApp
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are investing heavily in the next-generation of our services. At our velocity and volume-level we need the ability to deploy new products and features faster and better. That's our choice for the traditional 3-dimensional engineering trade-off decision. Come help to build the best new user experience anywhere. We are creating new architectural designs and new services that couple best-in-class engineering with highly-informed business knowledge.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Instacart has a four sided marketplace, and we have roles open within each of our Engineering orgs. In our interview process we will evaluate how your skills would fit within one of these teams, and match you with the role(s) that are best related to your interests and abilities.
ABOUT THE JOB
- We work in small teams with significant ownership and autonomy over your project
- Design, implement, and ship high quality features with a strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Work closely with product managers, designers, data scientists, and peer engineering teams to define project requirements and execution plans
- Ensure that system designs including APIs, deployment architecture, and dependency selection result in highly scalable, robust solutions that minimize support costs and improve an outstanding customer experience
- Contribute broadly to Instacart's success by exercising your freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives
- Recent Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Between 0-1 years of total work experience post graduation
- A strong sense of ownership
- Self-motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- Solid understanding of common back-end Web technologies in a production environment
- Relevant and recent internship experience as a software engineer
Join us and help Instacart grow!
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Sr. Software Engineer, ICApp
Job tags: marketplace, UI/UX, Goods
location or timezone
yearly salary range$154,000 - 205,000
posted57 days ago