Sr. Software Engineer
PWNHealth is a national clinician network working to improve early detection and prevention of disease using advanced diagnostics and telehealth. PWN services all 50 states and Puerto Rico with telehealth and telegenetic services. Our model enables safe and easy access to diagnostic testing, ensuring clinical validity, utility, quality consumer education, access to clinicians, and the ability to implement national programs seamlessly. Through integration with more than 80 CLIA-certified labs and support of over 3,000 test types, we are shaping a new paradigm in healthcare. We believe that empowering people with convenient access to clinically actionable information has the power to change lives, improve outcomes, and create a healthier world. PWNHealth is backed by leading growth equity firms Spectrum Equity and the Blue Venture Fund (BVF). We are a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest in the industry. We are passionate about health and wellness and are looking for like-minded people to join our team.
About the Product & Technology Department:
The Product & Technology team is responsible for building and maintaining our three core products: a back-end order routing and logistics platform, a white labeled patient-facing ordering platform, and a telehealth module to connect patients to live providers throughout the testing process. The Technology team works closely with Product Management and Design teams to architect and deliver high quality solutions that meet user needs and strategic goals of the business.
General Position Summary:
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting PWN's products and platforms. We are looking for a problem solver with a strong technical background (Ruby on Rails, SQL, AWS), skilled in agile development with solid understanding of the full software development life-cycle and DevOps, who will work in highly productive and collaborative scrum teams and partner with product and business stakeholders to deliver and operate secure, high-performance, and scalable software solutions.
Specific Job Functions:
The Senior Software Engineer should be able to successfully manage multiple responsibilities and be a high impact individual contributor within the Technology team. She/he will be responsible for the development and support of applications across PWN's product portfolio.
The Responsibilities of This Position Include:
- Design and maintain complex and scalable applications using Ruby on Rails, Vue.js, and SQL.
- Improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance of software.
- Promote agile development by engaging in sprint planning, retrospective, and daily standups.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, architects, and QA to build high quality, functional and impactful products.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the software development lifecycle from ideation to delivery and production support.
- Participate in code reviews and mentor other engineers in areas such as coding best practices, unit testing, continuous integration, and SDLC.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development, with at least 3 years Ruby/Rails hands-on development experience
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience with API development and Service-oriented architecture
- Experience in cloud-based environment (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with DevOps and supporting large scale production systems
- Experience with Healthcare systems and data is plus
Sr. Software Engineer at PWNHealth, LLC (New York, NY) (allows remote)
Tags: ruby on rails, react, aws