Sr. Software Developer
Remote job description
BDR Solutions, LLC, (BDR) supports the U.S. Federal Government in successfully achieving their mission and goals. Our service and solution delivery starts with understanding each client's end-state, and then seamlessly integrating within each Agency's organization to improve and enhance business and technical operations and deployments.
BDR is sourcing for a Sr. Software Developer to support a federal government client. The duties of this position can be performed virtually, and the contractor may work remotely from their home office, however they will be required to support EST business hours. Some travel (10-25%) may be required but is unlikely.
Sr. Software Developer
(Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Develop and maintain high-quality software products supporting Department of Defense (DoD) standards and infrastructure, using Microsoft SQL and integrated system components.
- Support and comply with documented software process and procedure requirements spanning all phases of software product lifecycle.
- Translate detailed designs into executable software.
- Produce software documentation and update existing documentation to include detailed software design documents and unit/composite test cases based upon stakeholder requirements and use cases.
- Collaborate with and mentor other team members and participate in code reviews.
- Manage tasks, time and priorities in accordance with aggressive development deadlines, client expectations, and quality/delivery models including Agile Scrum, SDLC, and CMMI Development Level 3 best practices.
- Collaborate with the team to proactively assess and validate solution efficiency and integrity against defined performance criteria.
- Perform unit and integration testing on work items in line with Scrum cycles.
- Work with Program Management and other team members to proactively assess and validate solution efficiency and integrity against defined performance criteria.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science
- 5-10 years' experience as an Application Software Developer, automation, scripting, etc. (Java, Python, etc.)
- A deep understanding and working knowledge of:
- Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE),
- Java Server Pages (JSP), Java Servlets,
- Java classes, web application architecture (WAR),
- Web Service Definition Language (WSDL),
- Extensible Markup Language (XML), tag libraries, static web pages (HTML and related files) and other resources that together constitute a web application
- Distributed version control system, preferably Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience working with FEMA
- Prior Department of Defense (DoD) or DHS experience
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
BDR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.Summary
Company name: BDR Solutions
Remote job title: Sr. Software Developer at BDR Solutions (Washington, DC) (allows remote)
Job tags: java, public, trust, clearance