Sr. Python Developer
Remote job description
As a Senior Software Engineer at ProQuest, you'll be supporting the search systems behind our flagship ProQuest platform. You'll be working with a team that focuses on solving challenging tasks at large scale. This role is a mix of new product development and operational support of various large scale search systems. The technology involved is wide ranging from proprietary software on servers in our data center to open-source solutions running in cloud architectures.
- Experience designing and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers and maintained across several major/minor releases.
- Knowledge and implementer of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, test automation, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with distributed systems built with web services and REST architectures.
- Proficiency with Python, test automation tools
- Proficiency with RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server.
- Experience with processing and manipulation of XML and JSON
- Experience with working on Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or XP
- Knowledge of open source tools and frameworks
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with search engines such as Solr is a plus
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins is a plus
Company name: ProQuest
Remote job title: Sr. Python Developer at ProQuest () (allows remote)
Job tags: python, automation, agile, mysql