Software Engineering Team Lead
Remote job description
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we're building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
At Hotjar, we're building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site. As part of our Engineering team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We're looking for enthusiastic Engineering Team Leads who are passionate about building great products - someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
- Contribute to the codebase and manage a team of frontend and backend engineers.
- Help achieve your team's projects, through creating a framework of responsibility and optimizing your team's performance.
- Help the team work pragmatically by breaking down big projects to provide value at the earliest opportunity. Go above and beyond to motivate your team to ensure it provides good work on time.
- Help steer debates into quick decisions and communicate important team changes to the relevant audience through the appropriate channels.
- Coach, mentor, and further develop engineers on your team, within an open and inclusive environment. Conduct recurring 1:1s with all team members with a focus on developing and helping unblock them.
- Be open and empathetic with continuous feedback to your team, and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Work with other team leads across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- Report directly to your Director of Engineering and work with them on hiring and capacity planning.
- 5+ years working in software development and 1+ year(s) managing at least one inclusive, cross-functional team in an agile environment (3 to 5 engineers).
- Strong development experience using Python or a frontend framework such as Angular or React.
- Logical engineer who prefers simple solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality of code in a delivery-focused environment.
- Experience with unit, integration, functional testing, continuous integration, and Test-driven Development.
- Naturally empathetic working style with team members.
- Your workload is guided by business data and metrics.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar's company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people's experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The compensation range for this role is ?75,000 to ?100,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.Summary
Job title: Software Engineering Team Lead (Remote) at Hotjar (allows remote)
Job tags: agile, python, angularjs, react