Software Engineering Manager, Mobile
Remote job description
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money's Engineering team is seeking to hire an experienced hands-on Software Engineering Manager for our Mobile team. You will lead and grow a team of talented Mobile Engineers in design and architecture initiatives, spanning multiple divisions delivering products and services in support of Happy Money's lending business. You will take on multiple projects while collaborating with Product stakeholders to deliver highly available, efficient, scalable, and delightful product experiences for Happy Money Customers. As a Mobile engineering manager, you will provide mentorship and career development support to grow people across technical and leadership tracks in order to scale the organization while fostering a high-performance agile culture of continuous iterative improvement through learning and development reinforcing HM as a center of technical excellence.
- Hiring and developing the best engineers.
- Working cross-functionally to identify system requirements, designing the UI architecture, and develop components supporting HM application features.
- Leading your teams to design and develop UI frameworks and applications.
- Promoting best practices and mentoring other engineers and leaders.
- Leading by example, taking ownership of initiatives, and leading design and development to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement to increase engineering efficiency.
- Evangelizing development maturity through combined engineering and the full SDLC.
- 8+ years of development experience.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience managing teams of five or more engineers.
- Experience developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
- Help diagnose problems and communicate solutions broadly.
- Balance delegation and hands-on ownership effectively.
- Experience using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects through the full SDLC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills capable of leading multiple projects.
- Experience with the following mobile development technologies and platforms (Swift/Objective-C for iOS, Kotlan/Java for Android, React Native).
- Experience and a strong understanding of mobile architecture.
- Led teams in designing and developing modern mobile applications at scale.
- Experience in designing and building modern, highly-responsive and scalable customer-facing mobile applications.
- Experience in developing and implementing mobile architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Experience with cloud-based development and deployment.
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Appium, Selenium, Webdriver IO)
- Develop and deploy systems through a CI/CD system (e.g. Fastlane, CircleCI, Cloudbees, TestFlight, Play Store, Firebase App Distribution).
- Production experience developing scalable/highly available consumer applications.
- BA/Master degree in Computer Science or related field of study OR relevant years of work experience
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Background developing banking systems supporting consumer lending products.
- Experience with the following technologies, Java, AWS (ECS, NoSql/RDS storage, Lambda, S3), Redis, Kafka, Terraform.
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it's a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we're all human; if this job description doesn't exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Company: Happy Money
Job title: Software Engineering Manager, Mobile at Happy Money () (allows remote)
Job tags: mobile, ios, aws, react native