Software Engineering Instructor & Coach
Remote job description
We are Multiverse, a tech start-up with a social mission. We're creating a diverse group of future leaders by building an outstanding alternative to college and corporate training.
In June 2022, we announced our $220m Series D raise, making Multiverse a mission-driven unicorn. This funding will help us to accelerate our growth in the US, where we're committed to tackling the toughest challenges facing those who seek jobs - and those who provide them.
In our first year in the US, we launched over 20 apprentice cohorts at some of the best companies in America, including the likes of American Express, Citizens Bank, and Visa. Globally, we work with over 500 clients and we've been recognized as one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe.
Join us on our journey to democratizing access to the best careers and learning opportunities.
The role of the software engineering coach at Multiverse:
If you love inspiring and teaching others about software engineering, get a buzz from seeing young people develop and learn new skills, and truly care about building the next generation of software engineering professionals, this is the role for you. We have partnered with companies like Verizon and Google to deliver a 15-month software engineering program that sets learners up for success in their careers within the industry.
Specifically you will:
- Kick off your cohort with a 12-week bootcamp, setting your apprentices up for success as they begin their entry-level software engineering and web development roles.
- In this bootcamp, the coach is provided with materials for career and program readiness sessions, which the coach will execute at a high level of accuracy and engagement.
- After the bootcamp, provide 1:1 coaching, project support, and innovative hands-on practical workshops for the remaining months while apprentices are on the job.
- Deliver the Multiverse curriculum, in which apprentices will learn about the different facets of software engineering such as Object-Oriented Programming, the Software Lifecycle, APIs, and Web Accessibility
Requirements of the software engineering coach role:
- You have commercial experience using these skills, whether in a full-time role or consultancy/freelance projects
- You are passionate about teaching and love the detail of developing an effective learning experience
- You believe in the principles of applied learning: it's all about developing the knowledge, skills, and behaviors in a way that can be used in a real context, immediately.
- You believe passionately in economic and social mobility and the development of talent no matter what their background.
- You have the ability to teach remotely. You will be provided with all necessary technology (laptop, second screen, headset, etc).
- You are flexible and resilient; our program content and structure may change to better suit the needs of apprentices, so you must be adaptable and constantly open to iteration.
General Responsibilities of the Coach:
- Build a vibrant community of learners from a range of different backgrounds and ensure a motivating and supportive virtual study environment
- Take full responsibility for the progress that your cohorts of young people make through their apprenticeship
- Work with their managers to understand the needs of their role and how to best support their professional development
- Work internally with Multiverse colleagues to ensure the quality of the program and our delivery is first class by helping to iterate and further build the program
- Monitor progress of learners through data collection and sharing insights with the Program team and partners to facilitate the next steps in the learning journey
Who you are:
- You've been in a technical instructor role (whether at a bootcamp or university) and have a deep knowledge of software engineering, OR
- You've worked as a software engineer but always enjoyed mentoring others, OR
- You've been a classroom teacher and you have studied software engineering on the side
What's in it for you?
- Ownership in the business through equity options
- 23 days PTO with an additional 4 M-powered, company shut off days
- Comprehensive insurance plans and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Employer-covered health insurance premiums for you and your family
As well, we deeply believe that talent exists beyond traditional education. We encourage applicants with or without 4-year degrees to apply to this role and any others that meet their skills and interests.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Multiverse requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.
Please note that while this role is fully remote within the US, we have restrictions in the following states: Hawaii, Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Arkansas, and Kentucky. If you live in these states, please indicate so on the application form. Proceeding with your application suggests to us that you are open to relocation for this particular role.
Company name: Multiverse
Remote job title: Software Engineering Instructor & Coach
location or timezone
posted345 days ago