Software Engineer Product Backend
Remote job description
We build simple yet innovative consumer products and developer APIs that shape how everybody interacts with money and the financial system.
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We're dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid's network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
We're looking for a software engineer with backend experience to join the Payments team. Our team is responsible for Plaid's bank payment products and our mission is to reimagine how millions of consumers and fintechs move money in a convenient and secure way.
You will help guide the architectural foundation for new products and explosive growth. You will help build new features on existing products and new products that unlock novel money movement use cases for the entire FinTech Industry. You'll also work closely with a product manager to understand user needs and create products that delight them, while building robust foundations that can handle scale without compromising reliability.
What excites you
- Building products with impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions.
- Understanding the infrastructure in the US today where money moves - and reimagining the experience completely.
- Building robust, scalable technical solutions to hard problems
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
- Surrounding yourself with peers that embody our principles.
What excites us
- 2+ years of backend development experience
- Experience in a system involving the movement of funds (credit, debit, ACH, wires, payments, etc)
- Experience and passion for mentoring more junior engineers
- Track record of completing large projects with ambiguous requirements
- Working knowledge of popular server-side technologies (Python / GoLang / MySQL).
- Strong system-design skills, including distributed systems and data schema design
- Nice to have: Experience working with PMs to build products
- Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Company name: Plaid
Remote job title: Software Engineer Product Backend