Software Engineer Mobile iOS
Remote job description
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We're dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid's network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The mobile team sits at the center of Plaid's mobile products and strategy. We provide mobile SDKs for customers to quickly and easily integrate Link into their applications so that their customers can begin to use the services they provide. We help all teams at Plaid utilize the power of mobile platforms to build their products through discovery, design and implementation.
As an iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for the iOS SDK and the underlying platform that powers it. You will work on designing and improving our SDK apis to keep up-to-date with the latest updates from Apple and trends in the industry while minimizing the changes to our customers with backwards compatibility. This is an incredible opportunity to collaborate closely with teams across plaid to develop new products.
What excites you
- Developing a best-in-class iOS SDK using Swift.
- Products with real impact: Your work will touch tens of millions of end users, the best applications in fintech, and major U.S. financial institutions.
- Digging through finance's complex challenges-and reimagining the experience completely.
- You're a remote engineer looking to join a company with an amazing remote team and remote culture owning one of the most impactful teams at Plaid.
What excites us
- 1-3+ years of experience with iOS.
- Deep understanding of iOS, XCode and mobile development.
- Deep understanding of Swift.
- Enough Objective-C knowledge to ensure out SDKs are compatible with Objective-C applications.
- Other stack knowledge is a big plus (React Native, Android, Backend, or Web).
- A background in startups is a plus.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Plaid
Remote job title: Software Engineer Mobile iOS