Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Remote job description
80% of enterprise data remains unstructured, underpinning critical business workflows and requiring manual processing today. To transform customer experiences, drive bottom-line efficiencies, and achieve full digital transformation, organizations need to automate manual processes reliant on unstructured data.
At Instabase, we're passionate about democratizing access to cutting-edge AI innovation to enable any organization to solve previously unsolvable unstructured data problems in their industry. With customers representing some of the largest financial institutions in the world, and investors like Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, and Index Ventures, our market opportunity is undeniable.
At the center of our value proposition is our people, and we've built a fearlessly experimental, endlessly curious, customer focused team who together, are fundamentally changing how developers build and distribute intelligent business applications. Remote-first, at 300 employees and growing, and with office hubs in Menlo Park, New York, London and Bangalore, we're looking to add to our talent community so we can continue to harness the power of deep learning to transform our customer's most complex business processes.
Come help us build for the next stage of growth and scale -- accelerate your career with Instabase!
Our Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. Instabase engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
What you'll do:
- Work on a small team of ML engineers to apply Machine Learning techniques to challenging real world problems such as:
- Image Processing / Computer Vision
- Handwriting Recognition
- Visual Extraction (checkboxes, signatures, radio button, etc.)
- Object Detection
- Table Detection
- Document/Text Understanding
- Extraction from Documents
- Field Extraction from Document with Variable Structure (for example: paystubs, invoices, forms, etc.)
- Information Retrieval from Documents with Natural Language
- Finding relevant clause in legal contracts
- Extracting data (for example: effective date, duration, payment terms, etc.) from legal contracts
- Document Classification
- Document Clustering
- 2+ years industry / academia experience with Machine Learning
- Proficient with coding using Python
- Proven track record of excellence in applying Machine Learning techniques for solving difficult real world problems
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow, computer vision, NLP, or related areas would be a plus
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science or related field. PhD preferred
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Company name: Instabase
Remote job title: Software Engineer, Machine Learning